Author Topic: Sylvania Drummondville Pictures  (Read 1628 times)
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Sylvania Drummondville Pictures « on: February 15, 2022, 10:10:40 PM » Author: joseph_125
I stumbled upon some vintage images showing the various production areas at the Sylvania Drummondville plant. They seen to be from the 1970s or the 1980s based on the products I see being manufactured in the pictures. There's a few shots showing the mercury lamp production too, from the arctube filling, to frame assembly, to sealing of the final lamp.

Sylvania Drummondville

(Yes, I know it's on Facebook but you don't have to log in to view the pictures, Just open the link in a private session)
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sylvania Drummondville Pictures « Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 07:24:31 PM » Author: sol
Wow, beautiful pictures !

Judging by the comments, the employees seemed to like their jobs.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Sylvania Drummondville Pictures « Reply #2 on: February 16, 2022, 09:54:16 PM » Author: joseph_125
Interesting, my French is a bit rough so I only looked at the pictures. It must have been a nice place to work back in the day.
Cavannus

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sylvania Drummondville Pictures « Reply #3 on: May 09, 2022, 10:19:07 PM » Author: Cavannus
Nice group! Drummondville is in Canada (province of Québec). I'm French so I can read the comments.
Some people say that they enjoyed working there, the security standards weren't as good as today, but the pay was good.
I feel a lot of nostalgia through the comments.
For lamp enthusiasts, the photos a great archives!
Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: Sylvania Drummondville Pictures « Reply #4 on: May 10, 2022, 07:41:15 PM » Author: Foxtronix
High heels on assembly lines... yikes!  :o

(Nowadays even mopping the floor can't be done without steel toes LOL.)

Lots of teasing between former employees it seems too, in typical Quebec fashion.  :lol:

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Sylvania Drummondville Pictures « Reply #5 on: May 11, 2022, 02:28:36 AM » Author: joseph_125
Interesting.

BTW, there's a video of the fluorescent line floating around on YouTube. The TV show How It's Made filmed their fluorescent ight segment in the Drummondville plant.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies