Author Topic: Why were 5000K standard halophosphate fluorescent lamps so unpopular?  (Read 749 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Why were 5000K standard halophosphate fluorescent lamps so unpopular? « on: May 15, 2022, 02:34:02 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
After doing research on Japanese fluorescent lighting, I have noticed that low CRI standard halophosphate 5000K fluorescent lamps with yellow afterglows are very popular in Japan, but are very uncommon in most countries in the world. Why is it that outside of Japan that low CRI standard halophosphate 5000K fluorescent lamps are not produced by major lighting manufacturers in most countries in the world and why high CRI deluxe halophosphate 5000K fluorescent lamps are more popular in most countries?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Why were 5000K standard halophosphate fluorescent lamps so unpopular? « Reply #1 on: May 15, 2022, 08:20:14 PM » Author: dor123
6500K halophosphors fluorescents were very popular here in Israel.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Why were 5000K standard halophosphate fluorescent lamps so unpopular? « Reply #2 on: May 15, 2022, 08:38:13 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
dor123, your response is off topic. I understand that 6500K and 4000K standard halophosphate fluorescent lamps are very popular in many countries in the world. The question here is why 5000K standard halophosphate fluorescent lamps in particular are not very popular in most countries in the world. In addition, 5000K is not the same as 6500K, but it is actually in between 4000K and 6500K.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 08:45:44 PM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Why were 5000K standard halophosphate fluorescent lamps so unpopular? « Reply #3 on: May 15, 2022, 10:17:04 PM » Author: Patrick
Interesting observation.  I think many of us could speculate as to why, but I don't have a definitive explanation myself.  Perhaps another way to frame the question would be to ask what is the history of the 5000K halophosphate fluorescent lamp?  I don't know that easier, but it might be simpler to find out why this variety became popular in Japan.  Sometimes it's easier to determine why something did happen rather than why it did not.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Why were 5000K standard halophosphate fluorescent lamps so unpopular? « Reply #4 on: May 16, 2022, 12:29:18 AM » Author: Medved
Wasn't the manufacturing spresd of the phosphor parameters so wide it did not make much sense to make the CCT ratings so close together? I mean a "3000K" was actually varying between 2700..3500, "4000K" models between 3500..5000 and then the "6500K" was just everything above the 5000K? The wide tolerance to just not spend $$$ during manufacturing...
The point was, the "5000K" made by the same process tolerances as the (at that time when these ratings settled) common production would go from 4000 to 6000K, so pretty much overlap with both of the other.
The dedicated "5000K" made sense only after more accurate production was possible and even that would be for extra $$$, so used only in limited applications where it was really important...

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies