Author Topic: Daily “Web Finds” topic limits?  (Read 400 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Daily “Web Finds” topic limits? « on: May 19, 2022, 03:06:01 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
As I have been browsing the “Web Finds” section on multiple occasions lately, I have seen that it mostly gets flooded with listings of North American HID lamps, ballasts, and fixtures and I feel that whenever I post listings of other types of lamps, ballasts, and fixtures, such as with listings of vintage preheat fluorescent fixtures and incandescent lamps, I seem to notice that they do not get as much as much attention and appreciation as the North American HID lamp, ballast, and fixture listings. As a result, anything that is not related to North American HID lighting often gets drowned out and unappreciated. I feel that if a daily “Web Finds” topic limit is implemented, I feel that more lamps, ballasts, and fixtures other than North American HID lighting will get the attention and appreciation that they deserve. My suggested topic limit for the “Web Finds” thread would be one new topic per day. Even with this limit in place, I would still feel comfortable about the replies being unrestricted so that people can have more appreciation for other light sources besides North American HID lighting.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Daily “Web Finds” topic limits? « Reply #1 on: May 19, 2022, 07:28:30 AM » Author: rjluna2
You can always add the parameter to 'Europe', 'British', or 'Germany' include to your search ???

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Daily “Web Finds” topic limits? « Reply #2 on: May 19, 2022, 07:37:50 PM » Author: funkybulb
Maybe we could do a dual finds one for American stuff and one for
Outside of US of finds.   Well it dont bother me one bit
  As I run though listing if if interesting I will get it.  If not i leave it for
 Others.  Number two It lot harder to Get UK stuff imported in the US
  As lot stuff is collection only,  or only ship with in the UK. But we have lot people from UK or europe like check things out as we search for things.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Daily “Web Finds” topic limits? « Reply #3 on: May 20, 2022, 12:17:50 AM » Author: joseph_125
I personally rather a tagging system be implemented before any quotas are. But really, there aren't too much postings anyway so it's easy to just skim through it and only open the ones you're interested in.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Daily “Web Finds” topic limits? « Reply #4 on: June 21, 2022, 07:12:37 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I am thinking that it might be a good idea to have different categories of “web finds” like “fluorescent finds”, “HID finds”, “low pressure sodium finds”, “incandescent finds”, and so forth because having everything grouped into one single “web finds” category sometimes causes other listings to be drowned out such as some of the preheat fluorescent finds that I have been posting on eBay in recent times.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Alex

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Daily “Web Finds” topic limits? « Reply #5 on: June 22, 2022, 05:50:10 AM » Author: Alex
Hello,

Since long I think the web finds section is broken. Actually i think it does get partially spammed. I see over and over again single threads about how rediculisly expensive something is ether by the high price or because it is broken. Interesting stuff its drowned by that. I can see some members building topics like marketplace finds. Sorted with several links to offers and after some time adding new ones as an answer. Thats great! It offers A tidy up and you can look for the sites that interests you. Same thing can be done for ridiculously price items on thread, every member the put his links of stuff he finds in their. Same for defective objects. Then really interesting lamps can get more audience.
And please, think twice if something is really worth the storage on this site, are if it just again a post a thread to mount up count numbers to generate a funny bulb Icon next to your user name.

Best regards

Alex

Lamp and Valve collector

Print 
© 2005-2022 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies