Author Topic: Modern Louvered Fluorescent/LED  (Read 932 times)
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Modern Louvered Fluorescent/LED « on: May 21, 2022, 03:18:52 PM » Author: joseph_125
I've always wondered if there are any manufacturers still making fluorescent or even LED fixtures in the style of the old 1950s and 1960s louvered fluorescent fixtures. So far I've heard of a few models that were made into the 2000s but I don't think I've heard of any currently manufactured louvered fixtures.

Anyway I believe these are all discontinued now but these seem to be among the last louvered lights made:
Lithonia HL - Discontinued sometime in 2008/2009, even had factory T8 options.
Peerless Electric (Canada) - I believe was made until the 2010s looked similar to their fluorescent high bays at the time but with a louver assembly.
Day-Brite Educator 5 - I believe it looked more like a industrial/shoplight with a louver over the lamps.
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Modern Louvered Fluorescent/LED « Reply #1 on: May 21, 2022, 03:32:17 PM » Author: Econolite03
Not that I know of… maybe someone could pitch a retro LED version of them and market it towards barn-warehouse decor cringe hipsters or something.
 :a_starter:
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Modern Louvered Fluorescent/LED « Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 05:54:21 PM » Author: joseph_125
Haha yeah. Ironically I briefly did consider putting LED tubes in mine just to see how it looks but I doubt it works well since the LEDs would point sideways instead of down.

It seems vintage styled fluorescents aren't that popular with the hipster market anyway. They still seem to be liking vintage style incandescent instead. IIRC Barn Light Electric does make a vintage style fluorescent fixture with dual stem mounts. I guess it was styled after those old style preheat industrials.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies