Author Topic: Wanted - PL bulbs, ballasts & sockets  (Read 1036 times)
108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Wanted - PL bulbs, ballasts & sockets « on: May 22, 2022, 03:04:42 AM » Author: 108CAM
I'm after anything PL related to expand my collection. I will take lamps, ballasts, sockets and complete fixtures that will work on Australia's 240v 50hz mains power supply. 

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted - PL bulbs, ballasts & sockets « Reply #1 on: May 22, 2022, 09:57:43 PM » Author: funkybulb
  Will u take a couple PL-L 40 watt and a socket ? I know in UK they use a 36 watt magnetic ballast.  ?

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Wanted - PL bulbs, ballasts & sockets « Reply #2 on: May 22, 2022, 10:12:52 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Actually, the 40w PL-L has a much higher arc voltage drop compared to 36w PL-L and it will have problems maintaining an arc with a normal starter on a F36T8 preheat ballast. However, the 36w PL-L will run fine with a normal starter on a F36T8 preheat ballast.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies