Author Topic: Reading: how to operate NARVA NC 1000 lamps  (Read 634 times)
Olav

View Posts
View Gallery

Olav Kettner
Reading: how to operate NARVA NC 1000 lamps « on: May 29, 2022, 01:36:58 AM » Author: Olav
Hello,

I am trying to write a small report on the operation of the NARVA NC 1000 lamps. I am grateful for your advice on the translation and the correction of errors.

Three-phase current with 400V AC voltage is required to operate the NARVA NC 1000 lamps. The pictures show circuit diagrams and technical data from the NARVA brochures and catalogs.
A translation from German to English takes place where it is necessary.

This report shows the "HQZ 1000" ignitor, which was common in the GDR in the 1980s, with the "NARVA H101" starter.

Source: NARVA Schaltungen von Entladungslampen, 1982, page 23

1 = Ballast 1/2 VMHD 1000 or VMHD 2000 (1/2 means that these ballasts were in two parts. A pair in series connection. Individual ballasts for this high output were only produced later in the GDR)
          2 = Metal halide lamp NC 1000 or NC 2000
          3 = Starter StH 101
          4 = Current limiting capacitor for the StH 101 starter
          5 = Bimetal contact
1,2,3, 4 = Designation of the connection slots on the ignitor

The description of the function of the ignition device in translation:

The lamp is ignited in this circuit as with the HQZ 400 ignitor. However, the lamp voltage of the NC 1000 and NC 2000 lamps is greater than the open-circuit voltage of the StH 101 starter.
The bimetal contact (5) opens so that the ignitor switches off when the lamp is ignited. The circuit interrupt through the starter. The lamp current flows through the bimetal contact and heats up as a result.
The ignition devices HQZ 1000 and HQZ 2000 differ in the current dependency of the bimetal contact, which is matched to the respective lamp current.
The ignition devices HQZ 1000 and HQZ 2000 are arranged in a housing with protection class IP 54. The permissible ambient temperature for both devices is -20C to + 45C.
The ignitors can be installed at a distance of about 100m from the lamp.
If the lamp is defective or the lighting point is not occupied, the HQZ 400, HQZ 1000, HQZ 2000 ignitors work continuously.
The StH 101 starter will quickly reach the end of its service life due to the continuous ignition attempts.
It must be ensured that the ignition device is put out of operation by switching off or removing the starter.
Since the starter is a wear part that is subject to high loads, it must be replaced when changing the lamp.

A look at the inside of the housing cover with the connection diagram.

A look at the individual components of the THZ 1000 ignitor.

The starter NARVA H101 is not easy to get. A replacement is possible without any problems with the starter OSRAM StE 501.
If you are interested in the brochure "NARVA Schaltungen von Entladungslampen" as a pdf, please send me a private message.

Regards

Olav
funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Reading: how to operate NARVA NC 1000 lamps « Reply #1 on: May 29, 2022, 08:59:56 AM » Author: funkybulb
If u can find a CWA autotransformer ballast with 240 volt 50Hz
Those can be find from time to time.  Now just add a ignitor to
It should be good to go.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Reading: how to operate NARVA NC 1000 lamps « Reply #2 on: June 10, 2022, 06:29:56 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Another alternative could be to import a North American 1000w M141 pulse start metal halide ballast since Narva NC1000 lamps are electrically similar to North American 1000w M141 pulse start metal halide lamps, but you will need a ballast with a 277v input if you were to use such ballast.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies