Author Topic: Philips 400w pearl/reflector ovoid MV lamp - type or datasheet?  (Read 286 times)
Laurens

View Posts
View Gallery

Philips 400w pearl/reflector ovoid MV lamp - type or datasheet? « on: February 16, 2024, 06:28:13 PM » Author: Laurens
I was given this beautiful piece of art today - the matching gear will follow at a later point - backpack was full, i'll either pick it up the next time at his place, or he'll drop it off as soon as he's in my area.
I know it's made by Philips, 400w mercury vapor. The bottom part is reflective, might have an internal phosphor layer but not sure yet. But does anyone know the exact type/model number, so i can look up the specs and the datasheet?

There is no etch visible. The lamp was used in a growhouse.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 06:35:54 PM by Laurens » Logged
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Philips 400w pearl/reflector ovoid MV lamp - type or datasheet? « Reply #1 on: February 16, 2024, 06:32:28 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I am pretty sure that an ordinary 400W mercury vapor ballast will suffice for this lamp because from what I understand, virtually all 400W mercury vapor lamps in the world run with an arc voltage drop of about 135V and an operating current of about 3.25A and are thus universally interchangeable with each other.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

LightBulbFun

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Philips 400w pearl/reflector ovoid MV lamp - type or datasheet? « Reply #2 on: February 16, 2024, 09:08:20 PM » Author: LightBulbFun
I was given this beautiful piece of art today - the matching gear will follow at a later point - backpack was full, i'll either pick it up the next time at his place, or he'll drop it off as soon as he's in my area.
I know it's made by Philips, 400w mercury vapor. The bottom part is reflective, might have an internal phosphor layer but not sure yet. But does anyone know the exact type/model number, so i can look up the specs and the datasheet?

There is no etch visible. The lamp was used in a growhouse.

thats a very awesome find,

the fine details of the lamp can be had from James's writeup on one on his website :)

http://www.lamptech.co.uk/Spec%20Sheets/D%20MBR%20Philips%20HLRG400.htm

My other hobby is buses, especially the Routemaster (formerly Bulb Freak)

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Philips 400w pearl/reflector ovoid MV lamp - type or datasheet? « Reply #3 on: February 16, 2024, 11:40:57 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
With the arc voltage drop of 145V and the operating current of 3.2A, it is more or less interchangeable with virtually all other 400W mercury vapor lamps in the world.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Laurens

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Philips 400w pearl/reflector ovoid MV lamp - type or datasheet? « Reply #4 on: February 17, 2024, 06:00:19 AM » Author: Laurens
thats a very awesome find,

the fine details of the lamp can be had from James's writeup on one on his website :)

http://www.lamptech.co.uk/Spec%20Sheets/D%20MBR%20Philips%20HLRG400.htm
Yep, that's the one! By now i did find the etch with the help of the site, it's just a bit hard to find on the pearl surface. Pictures will follow once the whole setup is complete.
It says base up as well as universal at the burning position. Is the 'universal' correct?

With the arc voltage drop of 145V and the operating current of 3.2A, it is more or less interchangeable with virtually all other 400W mercury vapor lamps in the world.
The ballast will follow the lamp as soon as the previous owner has found it back. It's not an 'orphan' lamp :)

« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 06:07:44 AM by Laurens » Logged
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies