Author Topic: 700 series triphosphor fluorescent tubes outside North America?  (Read 1629 times)
ultraviolet

View Posts
View Gallery
ballast experimentalist

Re: 700 series triphosphor fluorescent tubes outside North America? « Reply #15 on: June 30, 2022, 05:02:00 AM » Author: ultraviolet
Personally, I don't really care what the phosphor is, all that matters to me is do I like the colour or not..? But then I always was a simple soul  :bulbman:

i'm much the same, phosphor composition does fascinate me but i care more about what the tube looks like lit up than i do exactly how it was manufactured. the manufacturing technique is more of a secondary interest as to how they achieved that look, than it is essential to the tube being a good one that i really like.

applying obsolete lighting technologies for the enjoyment of the masses; why not use a magnetic ballast for a new installation? and when they tell you you can't run a t12 off that "t8" ballast.... just look back to the old preheat systems where wattage was the only spec listed.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies