Author Topic: Most sought after fluorescent lamps?  (Read 2449 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Most sought after fluorescent lamps? « on: June 14, 2022, 03:09:08 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Does anyone know of any linear fluorescent tubes, self ballasted CFL lamps, non integrated CFL lamps, circline lamps, and U bend fluorescent tubes that are highly sought after by many collectors besides the Philips SL self ballasted CFL lamps?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Most sought after fluorescent lamps? « Reply #1 on: June 14, 2022, 05:40:44 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Seems like the Westinghouse Circlarc, the GE Powergroove, and the Duro-Test Vita-Lite and Power-Twist tubes were very sought after.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Most sought after fluorescent lamps? « Reply #2 on: June 14, 2022, 05:45:31 PM » Author: joseph_125
I can think of a few:

Any T17 fluorescent lamp, but the F100T17 and the F65T17 lamps are probably the most rare of the T17 lamps.
Any PG17 lamp.
Duro-Test Power Twist series
The first generation Sylvania Octron T8 lamps, they were blackenders and so far I don't think one has ever shown up in a collection here.
The Westinghouse Octolume, which was their name for the T8 lamps. I don't think one has ever shown up in a collection here either.
Westinghouse Econ-Nova CFL, made in the early 80s just prior to the Philips takeover, replaced by the Philips SL line post takeover.
Any brass ender fluorescent lamp.
Westinghouse Circarc
GE Panel F fluorescent lamp.

Some more neat fluorescents:
Blackender blacklights
Any cool green fluorescent
The Sylvania Incandescent Fluorescent lamps
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Most sought after fluorescent lamps? « Reply #3 on: June 14, 2022, 10:25:30 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I am also wondering about some highly sought after non integrated CFL lamps that are not intended to be retrofitted into incandescent fixtures.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: Most sought after fluorescent lamps? « Reply #4 on: June 15, 2022, 10:33:03 PM » Author: 108CAM
I'm happy to say that I have a brass ender in my collection!
Another sought after tube is the 8 foot bayonet cap tube.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Most sought after fluorescent lamps? « Reply #5 on: June 16, 2022, 11:22:22 AM » Author: funkybulb
There F100T12 streetlighting tubes ,  RF fluorescents.  Radar reds, radar blues,  Thorn colored 2D,  and color PL lamps.  And any 14 watt colored fluorescents.   Any tubes in halophosphor whites in the
US.  Magnotronic striped tubes. 5 foot BC capped tubes.  Also wacky tubes like circline golds.

Well here some of my stuff I have in personal collection in Texas

Radar reds,
 Thorn colored 2ds
  Osram PL 9 in red, blue and green
   Sunlite PL13 green
    Atlas double life 30 watt green
   40 watt BLI 2 foot red
   6 westinghouse econ- nova found in texas dirt!
    Sylvania 32 watt gold circline
     Westinghouse circlark
    Cool green tubes
    Brass ender flourescents including color tubes
    F40 incandescent fluorescent
    F100T12 HO mogal bi pin street lighting tube
    F90T12 energy saver tube
     F90T17 and PG tubes

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Most sought after fluorescent lamps? « Reply #6 on: June 16, 2022, 12:23:01 PM » Author: Michael
I don’t know if any flourescent lamp collector is looking after any TLM 120W/33RS tubes (T11 type with outside dimple at centre of the tube) or TL25W/22 (first warm white type tube) or the Philora 22.5W TL tube?
Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: Most sought after fluorescent lamps? « Reply #7 on: June 18, 2022, 04:15:15 PM » Author: Foxtronix
Any F40 that's pre-RS (with preheat only electrodes) is pretty hard to find, bonus if it's any shade of white!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Most sought after fluorescent lamps? « Reply #8 on: June 18, 2022, 05:08:07 PM » Author: joseph_125
There's also other early F40 variants that are no longer made too:

F40T12/RS (before they combined the preheat and rapid start F40 lamps into one product)
F40T12/IS (instant start only with shunted pins)
F40T17/IS (T17 instant start only with shunted pins, Intended for low surface brightness/low glare applications but can be used to retrofit 90w/100w T17 luminaires with a ballast swap)

The Ott-Lite 13w preheat spiral lamps are pretty neat too. They're pin and electrically compatible with PL-S 13 lamps and are one of the few spiral CFLs that are preheat.
108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: Most sought after fluorescent lamps? « Reply #9 on: June 19, 2022, 08:01:41 PM » Author: 108CAM
Any F40 that's pre-RS (with preheat only electrodes) is pretty hard to find, bonus if it's any shade of white!
Luckily all the 240v countries stuck with preheat so finding old tubes is made a bit easier but can still be hard due to things like age and how many of a certain tube were produced.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Most sought after fluorescent lamps? « Reply #10 on: June 23, 2022, 04:36:27 AM » Author: Silverliner
And the Westinghouse Octolume! The rarest of all F32T8s!

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Most sought after fluorescent lamps? « Reply #11 on: June 27, 2022, 11:50:39 PM » Author: Michael
Any circular fluorescent tube with colour /27 (Philips) or /39 Interna (Osram)
RadiantMV

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Most sought after fluorescent lamps? « Reply #12 on: July 21, 2022, 08:44:27 PM » Author: RadiantMV
I’ve heard the clear or half-coated fluorescent demo tubes are also quite sought after.
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Most sought after fluorescent lamps? « Reply #13 on: July 22, 2022, 12:14:32 AM » Author: Michael
Two month ago I incidentally found a Sylvania F20W/W half coated tube in a recycling center but sadly it has a brocken cathode.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies