Author Topic: What is your favorite type of standard halophosphate fluorescent tube?  (Read 993 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
What is your favorite type of standard halophosphate fluorescent tube? « on: June 26, 2022, 12:16:32 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Personally, I prefer the /WW and /530 standard halophosphate warm white fluorescent tubes because whenever I see them lit, they emit a warm and relaxing tone and I also enjoy seeing them emit a faint blue glow at the edge of the tube. In addition, I also like them because they are less common than the /CW and /D fluorescent tubes in North America. What is your favorite type of standard halophosphate fluorescent tube?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

ultralume

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is your favorite type of standard halophosphate fluorescent tube? « Reply #1 on: June 26, 2022, 11:51:35 PM » Author: ultralume
I like Warm White and 3500K White.
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: What is your favorite type of standard halophosphate fluorescent tube? « Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 03:24:48 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Cool white 33

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is your favorite type of standard halophosphate fluorescent tube? « Reply #3 on: June 27, 2022, 11:06:14 AM » Author: funkybulb
 Good old full power LW Lite White tube.   Reason is it one of my rarest full power worse tube on the planet!

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: What is your favorite type of standard halophosphate fluorescent tube? « Reply #4 on: June 27, 2022, 08:34:35 PM » Author: Foxtronix
Daylight, and especially daylight deluxe! Though that strictly applies to wherever I'm working on something. For my leisure time I stick mostly to incandescent lamps (or the occasional mercury lamp when I feel like it LOL).

Good ol' cool white is filled with nostalgia on one hand, but on the other hand, I find it to be a sort of "jack of all trades, master of none". Good fallback, but I can find a better-suited colour temp in almost all applications.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: What is your favorite type of standard halophosphate fluorescent tube? « Reply #5 on: June 27, 2022, 09:14:02 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Actually, this thread is only about “standard halophosphate”tubes with low CRIs. Most “daylight deluxe” tubes do not fit in the “standard halophosphate” category because they have a very high CRI compared to those tubes. But “daylight deluxe” tubes are very beautiful to look at when lit up.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is your favorite type of standard halophosphate fluorescent tube? « Reply #6 on: June 27, 2022, 11:45:16 PM » Author: Michael
The WW tube as it is pretty rare now here but once very common in the whole city in fluorescent street lights. The workshop of my father is still almost entirely lit by CW and WW tubes as well some offices of a company in our city. Most residential transformer stations and sub stations are still lit by CW tubes here so halo phosphate tubes in CW are still common in less frequent places.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What is your favorite type of standard halophosphate fluorescent tube? « Reply #7 on: June 28, 2022, 12:44:58 AM » Author: joseph_125
I usually prefer the modern high CRI tubes, or at least the blended halophoshate-triphosphor with the CRI in the 70s like Sylvania Premium Cool White since classic halophosphate tubes had too low of a CRI for my preference for most living spaces. In work area I'll use cool white but for living spaces I want something with better CRI.  I think my favourite for localized task lighting would be the now discontinued cool green lamps though. 
bulb_tester2009

View Posts
View Gallery

Resolutely crack down on inferior LED lighting!!

GoL
Re: What is your favorite type of standard halophosphate fluorescent tube? « Reply #8 on: June 29, 2022, 08:50:51 AM » Author: bulb_tester2009
Philips Lifemax 29-530 and 54-765.

I've been collecting light bulbs since I was 2 years old and I've been collecting them ever since.
 :hps::hps::hps:
由于我来自中国,所以英语不精通,大部分内容都是翻译的,所以可能不通顺,请大家谅解
Note:
Bulb base in China:E12(CES) E14(SES) B22d(BC) E27(ES) E40(GES)

ultraviolet

View Posts
View Gallery
ballast experimentalist

Re: What is your favorite type of standard halophosphate fluorescent tube? « Reply #9 on: June 30, 2022, 04:49:40 AM » Author: ultraviolet
any and all daylights, especially sylvania f30t8 black-enders. the bluish white glow is just gorgeous and i love to install those in prominent/distinctive locations.

the next two are philips- cool white supreme (the modern green painted aluminium end ones) and c50 colortone. the cool white supreme ones are almost as gorgeous as the daylights and they have excellent colour rendering, and the c50 colortones speak for themselves in their branding.

i also have a few unicorns i like.... i have one 6500k tube (with some significant end darkening sadly but it still runs) that just looks amazing, i forget the brand but i'll have to get some pics. i'm not sure they quite count but i also love the green photo tubes that were used in old copiers. not a great idea to stare at but they sure cast a lovely glow. finally there are some marvel f20t10 blacklight tubes (yes, t10!) that i'm fond of just for their uniqueness.

applying obsolete lighting technologies for the enjoyment of the masses; why not use a magnetic ballast for a new installation? and when they tell you you can't run a t12 off that "t8" ballast.... just look back to the old preheat systems where wattage was the only spec listed.

ultraviolet

View Posts
View Gallery
ballast experimentalist

Re: What is your favorite type of standard halophosphate fluorescent tube? « Reply #10 on: June 30, 2022, 04:51:20 AM » Author: ultraviolet
Actually, this thread is only about “standard halophosphate”tubes with low CRIs. Most “daylight deluxe” tubes do not fit in the “standard halophosphate” category because they have a very high CRI compared to those tubes. But “daylight deluxe” tubes are very beautiful to look at when lit up.

well i guess my favourites don't really fit here then but i saw "favourite" and went off :P forgive me for being a tad off-topic :veolfl:

applying obsolete lighting technologies for the enjoyment of the masses; why not use a magnetic ballast for a new installation? and when they tell you you can't run a t12 off that "t8" ballast.... just look back to the old preheat systems where wattage was the only spec listed.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies