Author Topic: Ontario Green Energy Act  (Read 515 times)
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Ontario Green Energy Act « on: June 18, 2022, 05:13:53 PM » Author: joseph_125
I was looking at fluorescent lamps on AMRE Supply and I noticed several fluorescent lamps had this note on the page:

** This Light Bulb is not available for purchase in Ontario under the Ontario Green Energy Act. Please see alternative lamps below for other options **

First time I heard of such a regulation and the "banned" lamps are common types that I could easily run into Home Depot or Lowe's to buy cases of so I'm not sure why that site had this notice on a few fluorescent lamps.
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Ontario Green Energy Act « Reply #1 on: June 20, 2022, 11:25:33 PM » Author: Silverliner
Figures. Several states in the USA banned high CRI T12s, but strangely California has not.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Ontario Green Energy Act « Reply #2 on: June 22, 2022, 11:54:42 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Interestingly, I noticed that it was already repealed in 2018:

https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/50684/ontario-scraps-the-green-energy-act

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies