Author Topic: what do you like most about hid lamps  (Read 1868 times)
form109
what do you like most about hid lamps « on: August 02, 2008, 09:40:09 PM » Author: form109
you get to watch them fire up(fun to watch the color shift) ;D

what do you guys think?
Nineaclock

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what do you like most about hid lamps « Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 10:07:18 PM » Author: Nineaclock
you get to watch them fire up(fun to watch the color shift) ;D

what do you guys think?
The amazing Physics behind it, plasma. :) Amazing science
lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: what do you like most about hid lamps « Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 12:02:45 AM » Author: lite_lover
I like to watch them fire and warm up. I like the lamp shapes and internal construction.
They are one of the more efficient light scorces.

The brighter the better.

sparkie

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what do you like most about hid lamps « Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 12:33:58 PM » Author: sparkie
I like the way HID's behave when they reach their end of life.

HPS is the best for this - I could sit and watch a cycling sodium lamp for hours (who needs a lava lamp when you can have HPS?).

Other types of HID are interesting because they change colour, MH are especially good at this when in groups as they go different colours (and they can also 'go' something else!). MBF street lamps make a real spooky atmosphere when they green out.
Parrot

View Posts
View Gallery
YouTube: Parrot175

Parrot175 parrot175
Re: what do you like most about hid lamps « Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 03:17:20 PM » Author: Parrot
I like the start up and colors that they make.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies