Author Topic: My (two years late) Introduction  (Read 236 times)
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the SOX!

My (two years late) Introduction « on: June 22, 2022, 07:28:10 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I know this is way late for an introduction, but some of you may not know me very well. My name is Ian, I have ASD and OCD, and I live close to the Puget Sound area of Washington State.

I like most (but not all) light sources, including LED, LPS, MV, and MH. Fluorescent doesn't fascinate me as much as HID does, but that's not to say I don't like it; the same goes for incandescent. Halogen is probably my least favorite light source due to how much trouble the lamps have given me.

My primary interest is outdoor HID and LED luminaires. If any of you North American members need help identifying an outdoor luminaire, there's a 75% chance that I might be able to identify it. I'm trying to learn about European outdoor luminaires, so those of you who live in 240V territory may be able to help me.

Lamps are a lighter interest for me. My other interests include fire alarms, outdoor warning sirens, and ceiling fans.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My (two years late) Introduction « Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 08:36:30 PM » Author: sol
Welcome !

I think you’re doing better than 75% on identifying North American fixtures, however ! As such, you bring lots to us !
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the SOX!

Re: My (two years late) Introduction « Reply #2 on: June 22, 2022, 09:36:44 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Really? Thanks!

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My (two years late) Introduction « Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 12:01:48 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Late welcome !!!

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Gearjammer
Re: My (two years late) Introduction « Reply #4 on: June 23, 2022, 12:08:27 AM » Author: Gearjammer
It's a late welcome I know but Ian ever since you joined LG you've brought a lot of knowledge and have become a good friend to me especially with that surprise picture you had made up for me.
It still hangs above my desk.
You say 75 percent in identifying fixtures.
I'd say that it's a 100 percent my friend!
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: My (two years late) Introduction « Reply #5 on: June 23, 2022, 12:40:50 AM » Author: joseph_125
Belated welcome!

Yeah you pretty much have identified all of the unknown fixtures I posted, even the obscure ones.
AgentHalogen_87

View Posts
View Gallery

Long Live SOX!

Re: My (two years late) Introduction « Reply #6 on: June 23, 2022, 06:06:45 AM » Author: AgentHalogen_87
Welcome indeed!

Nice to see a fellow fire alarm enthusiast around.
It's funny, I'm hypersensitive to sound but most of the time I can set off fire alarms without issue (in my collection or out and about WITH permission). There are some tones (and volumes) I can't deal with, but most UK tones are fine.
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: My (two years late) Introduction « Reply #7 on: June 23, 2022, 07:29:37 AM » Author: rjluna2
Welcome aboard, Ian :)

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

HM1000

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Model 25 fan!

hm1000
Re: My (two years late) Introduction « Reply #8 on: June 23, 2022, 09:47:11 AM » Author: HM1000
Welcome indeed!

Nice to see a fellow fire alarm enthusiast around.
It's funny, I'm hypersensitive to sound but most of the time I can set off fire alarms without issue (in my collection or out and about WITH permission). There are some tones (and volumes) I can't deal with, but most UK tones are fine.
My older brother like those strobe alarms fire alarm control panels

Please don't ask to meet up with me, as i am still living with my mom. No sending me gifts either please, Thank you!
I am 16, not 14 btw. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdF_U6Bvj_7Aw4SeY-SUU-w/videos BAN HAPPENS AT END OF 2022!
I'm on Discord! (username simply HM1000 STUDIOS) I have anxiety

Print 
© 2005-2022 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies