Author Topic: ELECTROFAR LVF MV lamps, somewhat unknown mv lamps from Romania  (Read 692 times)
Olav

View Posts
View Gallery

Olav Kettner
ELECTROFAR LVF MV lamps, somewhat unknown mv lamps from Romania « on: July 06, 2022, 03:43:33 PM » Author: Olav
It had been an old topic before.
Andy is currently showing an ELECTROFAR LVF 125 lamp here .
These MV lamps are little known outside of Romania and Eastern Europe.

That's why I'm writing this new post, maybe some more information will come.
In my own collection I have two versions of these lamps: LVF 250 and LVF 400.

There is a small data sheet that I want to show and a label from a box.

Photos of the lamps are coming too.

Presumably the phosphor of the lamps would have been yttrium vanadate, not necessarily the best quality in composition.
There are only a lot of assumptions and few concrete facts.
But that also makes it an interesting puzzle.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 04:04:22 PM by Olav » Logged
Andy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: ELECTROFAR LVF MV lamps, somewhat unknown mv lamps from Romania « Reply #1 on: July 07, 2022, 10:26:23 AM » Author: Andy
It would be good to learn more about this Romanian manufacturer of lamps.
It's good that you had that paperwork with your lamp Olav, those are the first printed materials I have seen from Electrofar.
The 250W lamp you and I have appears to have a reasonable quantity of yttrium vanadate phosphor from the rich purple/red startup colour.

These are my 125W and 250W lamps.

I'm always interested in exchanging lamps with others. Send me a message if you would be interested in a trade. :)

Olav

View Posts
View Gallery

Olav Kettner
Re: ELECTROFAR LVF MV lamps, somewhat unknown mv lamps from Romania « Reply #2 on: July 07, 2022, 04:18:18 PM » Author: Olav
Hello Andy,

there was a statement from Stanislav in FB.
He suspects that ELECTROFAR's LVF lamps still have an old phosphor, not yttrium vanadate.

There is a photographed ELECTROFAR catalog from 1968.
Unfortunately I don't speak Romanian. I did not find any reference to a phosphor in the text.
In 1968 they will probably have used fluorogermanate or even orthophosphate?

Nevertheless, I will show the pictures from the catalog so that some information about these lamps is available.

Andy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: ELECTROFAR LVF MV lamps, somewhat unknown mv lamps from Romania « Reply #3 on: July 08, 2022, 05:42:35 AM » Author: Andy
Yes it would be interesting to know for sure what phosphors were used in these lamps.

From the photos of both yours and my 250W lamp, the starting colour looks better than that of the 125W lamp which is perhaps older.

I'm always interested in exchanging lamps with others. Send me a message if you would be interested in a trade. :)

Olav

View Posts
View Gallery

Olav Kettner
Re: ELECTROFAR LVF MV lamps, somewhat unknown mv lamps from Romania « Reply #4 on: July 09, 2022, 08:06:46 AM » Author: Olav
There is some new information. They are from the group "MUZEUL LAMPILOR" in FB.
Based on this information, it can be said with certainty that ELECTROFAR has been producing MV lamps with the old phosphor fluogermanate for a very long time.
The quoted text of the answer is in bold.

So far, no decryption codes have been found. The factory ceased to exist in 1993 after being bought by Luxten and modernized with Canadian help, then continued to produce under the Luxten brand until about 2010.
As for the new light with Ytrium Vanadate, I have a picture from a leaflet in which something like this was being prepared, but I think it remained at the prototype stage because I never saw it in reality.
You can read in the attached picture what was written in that rare document.

The probability is therefore very high that the ELECTROFAR MV lamps with the phosphor yttrium vanadate were only available for a few samples, but not in normal sales.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies