Author Topic: Wanted: F90T17 westinghouse lamps along-side fixtures  (Read 1139 times)
davidnonledfan

View Posts
View Gallery

Wanted: F90T17 westinghouse lamps along-side fixtures « on: June 26, 2022, 10:53:09 AM » Author: davidnonledfan
I have been able to come across on eBay for T17 lamps in cases, and I have seen a whole case of GE ones too that cost like Gold. However, I would appreciate some Westinghouse lamps, and I also seem to have trouble finding actual fixtures for them. Could anyone PLEASE tell me if they have any T17 (preheat ballasted) fixtures that I could buy or if there is any listings somewhere on the internet for T17 fixtures I could buy? Thanks!

20 years old and I love old phones and lighting. I love filament/ incandescent shaped LEDs and regular LED tube LEDs on a magnetic ballast. I don't do well with the all in one integrated world. Catch me eventually using T17 lighting at my own place

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: F90T17 westinghouse lamps along-side fixtures « Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 12:02:10 AM » Author: funkybulb
Best thing to do at this point is getting a ballast.  But lamp sockets and starter blocks are really hard to find now.?   But you can push on connector to lamp pins to run them lamps.   

Best thing is lot of Patient and searching.  There still lamps to be found tucked in corner of old industrail buildings and basment

I got my T17 lamps in person in midland texas though Ebay sales
And all day drive and 1 hour to browse around ebay seller stuff
  Then i went calfornia found some T17 lamps in restore . 

GE was last manufacture to make T17 lamps
They dried up so quickly that they gave no T17
User no warning to stock up on lamps.  It ended
Production in 2012. The PG T17 tubes got replace with
VHO T12s

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Wanted: F90T17 westinghouse lamps along-side fixtures « Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 01:00:47 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
If you live near Michigan and can some how get over to where I live then I can hook you up.

But NO WAY am I shipping one of those behemoths... You'd understand if you seen them. They're steroid lights.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: F90T17 westinghouse lamps along-side fixtures « Reply #3 on: June 27, 2022, 11:01:03 AM » Author: funkybulb
Yes they are super heavy and long. going be very expensive  to ship with todays fuel prices.   Keep in mind it gong take to complaining mens to hang this beast.  My westinghouse fixture
Is about 50- 75 pounds.   My advice look for lamps in odd
 Places.  Even if u dont get a F90T17. a instant start F40t17
  Is much easier to find and u can run those on modern electronic
  Instant start ballast. 

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: F90T17 westinghouse lamps along-side fixtures « Reply #4 on: June 28, 2022, 01:28:29 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
There are/were some for sale in the "for sale or trade" section .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies