Author Topic: (Off-topic) Orbit controller randomly turning sprinklers on without explanation  (Read 756 times)
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
(Off-topic) Orbit controller randomly turning sprinklers on without explanation « on: July 14, 2022, 01:09:04 AM » Author: HPS_250
Obviously since California’s in a drought again, we’re under water restrictions and can’t turn on sprinklers more than once a week. The sprinklers were set to come on for 8 minutes per section every Thursday at 8:00 PM, but have since been turning on Monday, Saturday, Tuesday, and other random days at completely random unscheduled times. For example, the sprinklers turned on for 3 minutes per section (instead of the scheduled 8 minutes) at 6:00 PM on Wednesday without any explanation, and when I went to check the schedule it still was set for Thursday at 8:00 only.
I’m about to give up on this and just run each section manually once a week. No one wants to get fined and/or waste water.
Anyone have any ideas on why this is happening?

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: (Off-topic) Orbit controller randomly turning sprinklers on without explanation « Reply #1 on: July 15, 2022, 01:20:24 AM » Author: takemorepills
Is this an Orbit B-Hyve controller?

Yesterday mine went offline and my account info was wiped from their database.

A few times in the past it would come on at the wrong time.

I'm never buying a cloud-connected irrigation controller again!
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies