Author Topic: Favorite species of bird?  (Read 1342 times)
Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Favorite species of bird? « on: June 30, 2022, 08:47:38 AM » Author: Molly
I love golden eagles. They are huge and powerful raptors.

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Favorite species of bird? « Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 12:19:17 PM » Author: Econolite03
I had a Hummingbird lay a pair of eggs by my front door in a Money Tree, they hatched about a week ago. The mom tried to act tough.

Now on Linktree

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite species of bird? « Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 02:14:28 PM » Author: Molly
We had some hummingbirds as well a few years ago.

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: Favorite species of bird? « Reply #3 on: June 30, 2022, 06:37:21 PM » Author: Burrito
Love pigeons, House sparrows, And mourning doves

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Favorite species of bird? « Reply #4 on: June 30, 2022, 07:45:30 PM » Author: joseph_125
There's a blue jay and a cardinal that lives in my area. Would love to snap some pictures of both.
Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite species of bird? « Reply #5 on: June 30, 2022, 09:02:34 PM » Author: Molly
Love pigeons, House sparrows, And mourning doves

I remember seeing a red-tail hawk nest near me.

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: Favorite species of bird? « Reply #6 on: June 30, 2022, 09:08:49 PM » Author: Burrito
Cool!

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite species of bird? « Reply #7 on: July 01, 2022, 07:56:28 PM » Author: Molly
Luckily, the red-tails were more timid. I heard that some pairs will even dive down and strike at humans with their talons to protect their nests!  :o

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Favorite species of bird? « Reply #8 on: July 04, 2022, 03:40:14 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Mine has to be the Herring Gull, they have one of those calls that you grew up with as a kid, the pure sound of the seaside

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite species of bird? « Reply #9 on: July 04, 2022, 10:26:52 AM » Author: Molly
Yep! Herring gull calls! I still love listening to their calls!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Favorite species of bird? « Reply #10 on: July 04, 2022, 06:49:59 PM » Author: Rommie
Come and live around here then, they'll keep you awake half the night  :lol:

Seriously, I do like them, they get a bad press mostly. We had one that used to go into a local store and help himself to a bag of crisps every day..! The owners didn't mind, it was a small price to pay for the extra trade it generated when the story made the local paper  ;D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite species of bird? « Reply #11 on: July 04, 2022, 10:52:14 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Every time I see a picture of a gull all I can think of is this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4BNbHBcnDI

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Favorite species of bird? « Reply #12 on: July 05, 2022, 01:13:53 AM » Author: AngryHorse
 :lol: :lol: :lol: You've got it  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Favorite species of bird? « Reply #13 on: July 05, 2022, 06:26:53 AM » Author: Rommie
We always think they're saying "Wine, wine" ;D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite species of bird? « Reply #14 on: July 05, 2022, 12:15:20 PM » Author: Molly
Every time I see a picture of a gull all I can think of is this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4BNbHBcnDI

Never gets old  :)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies