Author Topic: Daily Post Quota Count  (Read 516 times)
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Daily Post Quota Count « on: July 05, 2022, 07:10:29 PM » Author: joseph_125
Anyone know if there's a counter visible to the poster with their number of daily posts left quota on the site? I know the gallery has a counter on the page where you upload but I don't see one for the forum.

If there isn't one would it be possible to add one somewhere to check how many forum posts you have left. It would be good to know how many posts you have left remaining.

Thanks

-Joseph
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Test Gear Junkie

Re: Daily Post Quota Count « Reply #1 on: July 05, 2022, 07:20:22 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I know that if you hover over profile in the green banner you get the option to see your posts, and you can see how many you've made.  :wndr:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber (1894 - 1961)

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Daily Post Quota Count « Reply #2 on: July 05, 2022, 09:47:02 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah, I know you can easily get a list of your recent forum posts and a total of your forum posts in your profile but I was more wondering about a rolling counter tracking the number of forum posts you can still make before you go over the quota. Like the message on the picture upload page that reads :

"Members may upload up to 10 files in a 24 hour period. You may upload (number of uploads remaining) more files at this time."

But for the forum instead.

I know the system keeps track of the number of posts in a 24 hour period to know when to stop you from posting but I was wonder if it was possible to show that number as it might be handy in knowing how many forum posts you have left. I also think it'll encourage less short posts as well as less double posts  if you know you only have a couple of replies left.
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Daily Post Quota Count « Reply #3 on: July 06, 2022, 07:25:15 AM » Author: rjluna2
I didn't know there is forum quota here :slap:

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Daily Post Quota Count « Reply #4 on: July 06, 2022, 01:13:27 PM » Author: joseph_125
I think it's 20 posts within a 24 hour period, but yeah, the system locks you out from starting or replying to forum threads if you exceed it. You then have to wait until one of your recent posts is at least 24 hours old.

One of the admins should be able to tell you exactly what it is.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Daily Post Quota Count « Reply #5 on: July 06, 2022, 02:46:36 PM » Author: Rommie
It's 15 posts per rolling 24hr period in the forum, and 10 gallery uploads.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Daily Post Quota Count « Reply #6 on: July 06, 2022, 03:07:12 PM » Author: joseph_125
Ok thanks. I figured it was more than 10 per 24hr period. 

Going back to my original questions, do you know if there's a counter of the number of posts left visible to each member or if one could be added?
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Daily Post Quota Count « Reply #7 on: July 06, 2022, 03:22:28 PM » Author: Rommie
No idea, I can't see one, you'd have to ask Patrick, he's the coder around here.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

201SA Forever!

UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: Daily Post Quota Count « Reply #8 on: July 27, 2022, 08:35:30 AM » Author: HIDLad001
I was about to post that request, but you beat me to it!  ;D

My town has mostly converted to LED :curse:, but there are still some wonderful HID fixtures left!

:tumh:  :mv-t:  :son-t:  :tuinc:

Incidents since joining lighting-gallery: 01

Light bulb explosions: 01

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Test Gear Junkie

Re: Daily Post Quota Count « Reply #9 on: July 31, 2022, 02:09:40 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
@ Joseph: I just try and keep a mental tally of how many posts I make, it's very rarely up near the threshold, so I don't worry too much about it.  :wndr:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber (1894 - 1961)

Print 
© 2005-2022 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies