Author Topic: Using cobrahead street lanterns as grow lights?  (Read 917 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Using cobrahead street lanterns as grow lights? « on: July 07, 2022, 02:31:13 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Since high pressure sodium and metal halide lamps are often used for grow lights, I am beginning to wonder if North American cobrahead street lanterns have good optics that can allow them to be used as grow light fixtures.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Using cobrahead street lanterns as grow lights? « Reply #1 on: July 07, 2022, 03:32:11 AM » Author: High Intensity
I might be crazy, but I think someone had posted a photo of a GE grow light fixture that was just a factory modified M250A (or was it an M400A) fixture, with no slip fitter and hooks on the back for hanging it. But i'm honestly not sure.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Using cobrahead street lanterns as grow lights? « Reply #2 on: July 07, 2022, 05:26:45 AM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah, It was a modified M-250R2 housing with the glass and slipfitter omitted.

Here's the pic comparing it with a regular M-250R2.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Using cobrahead street lanterns as grow lights? « Reply #3 on: July 07, 2022, 10:29:22 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
I don't know if that was the true purpose but I have seen a M250A2 lighting a garden so perhaps it was a grow light of some kind.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: Using cobrahead street lanterns as grow lights? « Reply #4 on: July 07, 2022, 10:42:50 AM » Author: Molly
Since high pressure sodium and metal halide lamps are often used for grow lights, I am beginning to wonder if North American cobrahead street lanterns have good optics that can allow them to be used as grow light fixtures.

I saw an M250R2 in a garden in Vermont, it could be possible.

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies