Author Topic: More Leotek Problems  (Read 4649 times)
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: More Leotek Problems « Reply #30 on: December 28, 2023, 01:50:42 PM » Author: High Intensity
I've been noticing that some Leotek E-Cobra street lights in my area have been starting to turn purple, mainly older lights that had already turned orange/brown, but I had seen at least one newer fixture start turning purple.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: More Leotek Problems « Reply #31 on: December 28, 2023, 03:18:18 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Went through Nashua the other day and saw a few GCMs from 2016-18 were out, one had just one diode shining bright. Was just in the interstate though so I didn’t get to see many.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Richmond2000

View Posts
View Gallery

120V 60HZ

Re: More Leotek Problems « Reply #32 on: December 29, 2023, 04:19:20 AM » Author: Richmond2000
there are 2 Autobahn ATB0S on my route home and last summer one started to turn purple it almost had a "MV" look to it from a distance and the other one was normal end of NOVEMBER and the one starting has 1/2 its diodes blue other is fine NOW as of tonight BOTH are about 1/2 of there diodes are blue and looking at them during the evening you can see it is sections that have turned blue and sections are just fine and white
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: More Leotek Problems « Reply #33 on: December 29, 2023, 05:16:27 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Now the Cooper Verdeon, well isn’t safe either (2017+). Diodes turning orange followed by total failure. So the Verdeon, Navion, and Archeons are junk as well. More on that in the future.
Nooo!! I had my hopes high for the Verdeon...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 05:18:34 AM by LightsoftheWest » Logged

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: More Leotek Problems « Reply #34 on: December 29, 2023, 11:42:53 AM » Author: joseph_125
Spotted some AEL Autobahns there have shifted purple. I think they were only around 3-4 years old too.

It seems Signify/Philips LED luminaires are fairly reliable. Some here are pushing 10 years at this point and I haven't noticed any significant colour shifts or failures.
Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Stop replacing fixtures that can be retrofitted.

Re: More Leotek Problems « Reply #35 on: December 29, 2023, 12:01:16 PM » Author: Maxim
From what I've seen, Philips fittings are much more reliable as they use Philips Advance drivers (for the most part) as well as what seem like higher-quality LEDs coupled with proper thermal management.

The only major failures I've seen from Philips is their Lumec RoadStar line. Usually dead diodes and shifting to a hideous pale color.

Collector of all kinds of lamps, gear, and fixtures.
My favorite lighting technologies at the moment are incandescent and mercury vapor, and my favorite Big 3 lighting brand of the late 20th century is GTE Sylvania.

About that Westinghouse Lifeguard disease, I think I've caught it. Thanks Eric! 8)

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: More Leotek Problems « Reply #36 on: December 29, 2023, 12:15:01 PM » Author: HIDLad001
The AEL Autobahn series also use Philips Advance XiTANIUM drivers, and they are quite reliable.
The LEDs still sometimes turn purple, but the drivers almost never fail.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it
HID Fixtures should stay HID, but I think LED is fine too.
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
-Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022-

Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Stop replacing fixtures that can be retrofitted.

Re: More Leotek Problems « Reply #37 on: December 29, 2023, 12:46:03 PM » Author: Maxim
True. I've seen a ton of driver failures with Evolves though.

Collector of all kinds of lamps, gear, and fixtures.
My favorite lighting technologies at the moment are incandescent and mercury vapor, and my favorite Big 3 lighting brand of the late 20th century is GTE Sylvania.

About that Westinghouse Lifeguard disease, I think I've caught it. Thanks Eric! 8)

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: More Leotek Problems « Reply #38 on: December 29, 2023, 05:20:21 PM » Author: Molly
We've got LED Roadway NXTs and they work pretty well. I haven't seen many fail or turn yellow. Thankfully, my town didn't choose Leotek.

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

Richmond2000

View Posts
View Gallery

120V 60HZ

Re: More Leotek Problems « Reply #39 on: December 30, 2023, 04:17:37 AM » Author: Richmond2000
@Joseph_125 were the autobahn the ATB0 or the "newer" ATBS/M/L the style with the direct view LEDS OR the one with the "eye" lense and rounded front VS squared off front
we had 1000s of the ATB0's turn purple and a FEW of the ATBS and Verdeon and they are good but so few to judge
we have gone GE and they are holding up except for driver failure with out lights / section of the light out OR flickering OR both on the large scalables
the LEDradways NXT/s are used for laneway lighting and are 39 watts and are 100% reliable and the OLDEST running LED outside of spot testing of those OLD CREE ones that are over 10 now
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies