Author Topic: What does “JET” mean on Japanese fluorescent lamps?  (Read 683 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
What does “JET” mean on Japanese fluorescent lamps? « on: July 21, 2022, 02:28:32 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
After collecting some Japanese fluorescent and CFL lamps for a while, I noticed that most of them contain the word “JET” inscribed on the lamp etches. What does the “JET” stand for on Japanese fluorescent lamps?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What does “JET” mean on Japanese fluorescent lamps? « Reply #1 on: July 24, 2022, 08:03:36 PM » Author: 108CAM
Maybe "Japanese Export Tube"

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: What does “JET” mean on Japanese fluorescent lamps? « Reply #2 on: July 24, 2022, 08:04:43 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I even see the word “JET” on fluorescent lamps intended for the Japanese market.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What does “JET” mean on Japanese fluorescent lamps? « Reply #3 on: July 24, 2022, 08:26:35 PM » Author: joseph_125
It's a certification mark like UL and CSA but for the Japanese domestic market. It also appears on things such as lampholders, wiring devices, FL starters, ballasts, etc.

https://www.jet.or.jp/en/
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies