Author Topic: Radionic Industries bulb and ballast mixup. What bulbs may work?  (Read 947 times)
N3210

View Posts
View Gallery

lightbulb

UCo_R9kHfa7voRrydT2NJYnw tomloveslighting
Radionic Industries bulb and ballast mixup. What bulbs may work? « on: August 01, 2022, 08:28:29 PM » Author: N3210
 https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=6824&pos=0&pid=214585
My "Radionic Industries" Ballast does say "For one 30w or 40w lamp".
I do want to get a bulb, but I don't know what bulb would be suitable for collection use!  ???

According to some comments,*
1. F30T12 will not work good as they will overheat.
2. F40T8 will have trouble starting as the voltage drop is high.
(* is to address that circline comment, The fixture connected only takes linear tubes)
F30T8 or F40T12 may work I believe.

If anyone wants measurements, There is a 35 inch space between the two tombstones.

Just asking so I don't accidentally burn my house down!

Lighting enthusiast from San Francisco.

I upload plenty to here, YouTube, and Instagram

!! If I am quiet here, check either my Instagram or my YouTube !!

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Radionic Industries bulb and ballast mixup. What bulbs may work? « Reply #1 on: August 01, 2022, 08:31:46 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I believe that F30T8 fluorescent tubes might work best on this ballast since ballasts like these tend to underdrive F40T12 fluorescent tubes quite considerably.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Radionic Industries bulb and ballast mixup. What bulbs may work? « Reply #2 on: August 01, 2022, 10:25:09 PM » Author: Patrick
Here's a snippet from their catalog.  It's intended for 30W T8, 40W T12, and 32W circline.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Radionic Industries bulb and ballast mixup. What bulbs may work? « Reply #3 on: August 05, 2022, 10:45:01 PM » Author: joseph_125
Hmm interesting. It seems like ballast factor isn't listed on there so if you want to figure out which lamp does it drive best, you'll probably need to get a clamp meter and measure lamp current.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Radionic Industries bulb and ballast mixup. What bulbs may work? « Reply #4 on: August 06, 2022, 02:48:27 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
In general, I would consider a ballast to be a good ballast if it runs its intended lamp within 10% of its rated current and if it does not overheat.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies