Author Topic: How much time your Osram Smartlux T5 and Philips Essental T5 lasts  (Read 748 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

How much time your Osram Smartlux T5 and Philips Essental T5 lasts « on: August 08, 2022, 10:40:44 AM » Author: dor123
How much time your Osram Smartlux T5 and Philips Essental T5 lasts on your programmed start electronic ballasts?
The last Chinese Osram Smartlux T5 HO 54W/865 SL Chinese, lasted one year before relampping on the fixture at the low floor of my hostel and blackened very fast, and the current Chinese Philips Essential TL5 54W/865, showing slight blackening after several days only. The lamps seems to blacken during operation and not during starting, which looks exactly like the American rapid-start ballasts.
How much time your Chinese Osram and Philips T5 lamps lasts on a quality programmed start ballast?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

bulb_tester2009

View Posts
View Gallery

Resolutely crack down on inferior LED lighting!!

GoL
Re: How much time your Osram Smartlux T5 and Philips Essental T5 lasts « Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 02:26:02 AM » Author: bulb_tester2009
The nominal life of the Philips Essential TL5 lamp is 20,000 hours. However, according to my actual use, the two electrodes of the Philips TL5 14W/865 inside the non-preheated electronic ballast headlight in my home are significantly blackened after 1 year of use, but the brightness has not changed.

I've been collecting light bulbs since I was 2 years old and I've been collecting them ever since.
 :hps::hps::hps:
由于我来自中国,所以英语不精通,大部分内容都是翻译的,所以可能不通顺,请大家谅解
Note:
Bulb base in China:E12(CES) E14(SES) B22d(BC) E27(ES) E40(GES)

bulb_tester2009

View Posts
View Gallery

Resolutely crack down on inferior LED lighting!!

GoL
Re: How much time your Osram Smartlux T5 and Philips Essental T5 lasts « Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 02:29:03 AM » Author: bulb_tester2009
How much time your Osram Smartlux T5 and Philips Essental T5 lasts on your programmed start electronic ballasts?
The last Chinese Osram Smartlux T5 HO 54W/865 SL Chinese, lasted one year before relampping on the fixture at the low floor of my hostel and blackened very fast, and the current Chinese Philips Essential TL5 54W/865, showing slight blackening after several days only. The lamps seems to blacken during operation and not during starting, which looks exactly like the American rapid-start ballasts.
How much time your Chinese Osram and Philips T5 lamps lasts on a quality programmed start ballast?
The blackening may have been caused by the absence of a cathodic protection ring inside Philips' Chinese version of Essential.

I've been collecting light bulbs since I was 2 years old and I've been collecting them ever since.
 :hps::hps::hps:
由于我来自中国,所以英语不精通,大部分内容都是翻译的,所以可能不通顺,请大家谅解
Note:
Bulb base in China:E12(CES) E14(SES) B22d(BC) E27(ES) E40(GES)

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: How much time your Osram Smartlux T5 and Philips Essental T5 lasts « Reply #3 on: August 17, 2022, 06:16:25 AM » Author: dor123
T5 HO and HE don't have a cathode guard usually.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies