Author Topic: Home Depot Goes Back to Philips… Sorta  (Read 1001 times)
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Euro-Bulbs.net

Home Depot Goes Back to Philips… Sorta « on: August 19, 2022, 08:39:29 PM » Author: Econolite03
Today, I visited the Home Depot in Cypress, CA and found tons of Philips fluorescent tubes instead of the Ledvance / Sylvania’s that had plagued the store since at least 2021. Most are probably Altos that were found prior to the outsource a few years ago. Currently, the only Philips products they carry (at least in California) are either fluorescent tubes and smart bulbs, nothing else.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Home Depot Goes Back to Philips… Sorta « Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 11:45:16 PM » Author: joseph_125
Interesting as Home Depot Canada never switched away from selling Philips the entire time. They did add their store brand, EcoSmart and Feit products though. No sign of LEDvance...Canadian Tire here is the main seller of their products.

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Home Depot Goes Back to Philips… Sorta « Reply #2 on: August 20, 2022, 05:09:02 AM » Author: Silverliner
I’m aware of it, I actually helped stock the new Philips fluorescent tubes when they finally arrived. T8s and 8 feet T12s made in Poland, 4 feet and under T12s made in India. I detest handling the Indian cases, the cardboard smells bad!

I think the reason for the switch back is because Ledvance was importing Russian T8s to fill the market demand at Home Depot. For issues not appropriate here, Ledvance can no longer import them into the USA.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 05:11:25 AM by Silverliner » Logged

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Home Depot Goes Back to Philips… Sorta « Reply #3 on: September 04, 2022, 04:32:25 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Having done mass installs of Sylvania and Philips and GE branded tubes over the past 20+ years, There have been great years and bad years.  The past 15 years, Sylvania has had the best fluorescent lamps out of the big three.  longest lasting, least amount of issues.  The latest generation have been very good for my installs. 
Recently my supplier has had to switch almost completely over to Satco for fluorescents due to the difficulty in obtaining Sylvania.  He only uses GE as a last resort due to poor life of their fluorescent lamps, and refuses to use Philips due to the amount of issues and returns he gets on them.  Lots of broken filaments/cathodes during install, and a good number of dead lamps in the box. 
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 04:37:40 AM by RyanF40T12 » Logged

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Home Depot Goes Back to Philips… Sorta « Reply #4 on: September 11, 2022, 06:20:01 AM » Author: funkybulb
Here in Texax home depot never switch either but how over notice more Feit stuff.   But what did switch was GE ballast to Advance ballast.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Home Depot Goes Back to Philips… Sorta « Reply #5 on: September 11, 2022, 05:00:38 PM » Author: Silverliner
Home Depot out West at least are again switching! To Feit. My store I work at just got a bunch of Feit fluorescent and LED tubes that will be stocked once the current stock of Sylvania and Philips tubes clear out. One case of Feit F32T8s appear to be GE made, the rest came from China.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Home Depot Goes Back to Philips… Sorta « Reply #6 on: September 11, 2022, 05:49:39 PM » Author: Patrick
Feit has sourced from numerous manufacturers.  I see some of their F32T8s in the gallery made in Thailand, and others are Philips USA.  Well they couldn't have stuck with GE USA lamps much longer considering the Bucyrus plant is slated to shut down in about three weeks.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: Home Depot Goes Back to Philips… Sorta « Reply #7 on: September 12, 2022, 11:25:59 AM » Author: HIDLad001
Some Feit electric bulbs are definitely better than others. On the other hand, most Philips bulbs are quite high quality.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it
HID Fixtures should stay HID, but I think LED is fine too.
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
-Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022-

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies