Author Topic: NEMA head damage in shipping  (Read 1014 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
NEMA head damage in shipping « on: September 18, 2022, 02:21:13 PM » Author: Cole D.
I bought Line Material NEMA head from Ebay, and when I unpacked, seller had packed NEMA head inside refractor with bubble wrap. However reflector opening is bent and refractor is cracked and broken.

Since it was sold with "No Returns". I'm assuming I can't get my money back due to shipping/packing damage?  ???

Usually if I have something damage in shipping (which happens a lot lately) seller just gets refund from shipper, refunds my money,
and says to keep item or throw away.

But this is first thing I bought with no returns accepted.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: NEMA head damage in shipping « Reply #1 on: September 18, 2022, 02:45:21 PM » Author: joseph_125
IIRC, even though the seller said no refunds, eBay policy is to make the seller refund you if the item is not as described or damaged. Any reputable seller should offer you a refund in this case anyway. Most will either fully refund or partially refund you and tell you to keep it but some might ask to to send it back although I think they're on the hook for return shipping. Shame something like this arrived damaged.

Usually no refunds is just so buyers can't return something for reasons like "didn't want it anymore", "found a cheaper one" etc.

I forgot if it was no refunds, but the traffic light I bought that arrived with a broken lens, I got a a partial refund and I used the money refunded to fix it up.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: NEMA head damage in shipping « Reply #2 on: September 18, 2022, 02:52:31 PM » Author: Cole D.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. Although I'm a little hesitant to complain because I've already had to request two refunds this year for items broken in shipping, and I wonder if Ebay will start thinking it could be a scam?

I can probably glue it back together, but I'm not sure. But I'd be OK with a partial refund.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: NEMA head damage in shipping « Reply #3 on: September 18, 2022, 07:00:58 PM » Author: Cole D.
Well good news, seller said they could either issue refund or send new lens. So I think I will have a new lens to replace broken one. That makes most sense, to me.  :mv:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies