Author Topic: Lowest color temperature ever achieved for white fluorescent lighting?  (Read 894 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Lowest color temperature ever achieved for white fluorescent lighting? « on: September 23, 2023, 03:52:43 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Even though the lowest color temperature for common fluorescent lighting is 2700K, I have read that Mitsubishi/Osram of Japan has made a line of fluorescent lamps that have a 2500K color temperature In addition to Osram making a line of CFL lamps with a color temperature of 2500K. Did any other lighting manufacturers make fluorescent lamps that had a CCT that is below 2700K besides Mitsubishi/Osram of Japan or Osram of Europe?

Here is some information about Mitsubishi/Osram's line of 2500K fluorescent lamps that I found out about:

https://dl.mitsubishielectric.co.jp/dl/ldg/wink/ssl/wink_doc/m_contents/lcata/2012E/2012E0743.pdf

« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 04:02:08 AM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Robotjulep

View Posts
View Gallery

HID lighting is the best!!!

Re: Lowest color temperature ever achieved for white fluorescent lighting? « Reply #1 on: September 28, 2023, 05:23:01 PM » Author: Robotjulep
I do remember seeing very "warm" color temperature fluorescent lamps in landscape lighting when I was in Japan. It wasn't quite as warm as HPS, but it was warmer than 2700K. I didn't really think much of it at that time until now. On the other hand, I've seen a lot of 7000-8000K FL20SSECW/18XF lamps from Panasonic or National. They were often used in outdoor wall sconces or small area lights. Occasionally, I have seen them in elevators.

I collect:
Light bulbs, fixtures, and gear,
Electric motors (Preferably AC induction motors),
Computers,
and Stereo equipment.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Lowest color temperature ever achieved for white fluorescent lighting? « Reply #2 on: September 28, 2023, 05:25:16 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Interesting. I have been seeing a number of preheat linear fluorescent tube wall sconces on Yahoo Japan Auctions and Mercari Japan before. I usually see them running FL10 tubes or FL20S tubes, but sometimes, I find them running FL15 tubes.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Robotjulep

View Posts
View Gallery

HID lighting is the best!!!

Re: Lowest color temperature ever achieved for white fluorescent lighting? « Reply #3 on: September 28, 2023, 09:59:37 PM » Author: Robotjulep
I have an FL10D Lamp made by Toshiba. Its color temperature is around 4000-4100k or so.

I collect:
Light bulbs, fixtures, and gear,
Electric motors (Preferably AC induction motors),
Computers,
and Stereo equipment.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Lowest color temperature ever achieved for white fluorescent lighting? « Reply #4 on: September 28, 2023, 10:02:31 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
In the Japanese catalogs, they usually say that tubes marked with “D” on the etch are 6500K.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 01:11:18 AM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Lowest color temperature ever achieved for white fluorescent lighting? « Reply #5 on: September 29, 2023, 01:15:07 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I do remember seeing very "warm" color temperature fluorescent lamps in landscape lighting when I was in Japan. It wasn't quite as warm as HPS, but it was warmer than 2700K. I didn't really think much of it at that time until now. On the other hand, I've seen a lot of 7000-8000K FL20SSECW/18XF lamps from Panasonic or National. They were often used in outdoor wall sconces or small area lights. Occasionally, I have seen them in elevators.

It seems possible that you might have possibly seen some of those Mitsubishi FL20SSELX/18 tubes in use.

LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: Lowest color temperature ever achieved for white fluorescent lighting? « Reply #6 on: September 29, 2023, 06:07:22 AM » Author: LightsAreBright27
I remember a post about an osram cfl with 2500k phosphor.

Holder of the rare and sacred :sfl: F10T12/BL :sfl: lamps here!
Also known as LAB27 for short.
245v 50Hz

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Lowest color temperature ever achieved for white fluorescent lighting? « Reply #7 on: September 29, 2023, 09:44:10 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
That was already mentioned earlier in this thread. I am wondering whether other lamp manufacturers besides Japan’s Mitsubishi/Osram company and Europe’s Osram company made other  white fluorescent lamps with a CCT below 2700K or even lower than 2500K.

Marcel1968

View Posts
View Gallery

UCMlP9z-BFCcv2r_Q8FNS0AQ
Re: Lowest color temperature ever achieved for white fluorescent lighting? « Reply #8 on: October 01, 2023, 02:42:50 AM » Author: Marcel1968

I have a 2500K fluorescent tube in my collection. Comes from Belgium.

https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=7319&pos=113&pid=217386
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies