Author Topic: Longest Lasting Lamp In Your House  (Read 4628 times)
108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Longest Lasting Lamp In Your House « on: October 19, 2022, 04:20:58 AM » Author: 108CAM
What's the longest lasting lamp in your house?
For me, It's the Indonesian Philips incandescent in our laundry. It refuses to die despite being used almost every day!

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Longest Lasting Lamp In Your House « Reply #1 on: October 19, 2022, 05:11:12 AM » Author: funkybulb
   Westinghouse F40CW on second pair trying do another 20 plus years

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Longest Lasting Lamp In Your House « Reply #2 on: October 19, 2022, 11:34:29 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
A generic brand LED filament lamp that's going on 7 years despite heavy use.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Longest Lasting Lamp In Your House « Reply #3 on: October 19, 2022, 02:12:21 PM » Author: AngryHorse
As in my signature, my little 3 watt Energetic mini globe LED, fast approaching 50,000 hours at its current 47,738!  8)
It’s connected to my outside lighting circuit and serves as a nightlight in my bathroom so you don’t have to be blinded by the bathrooms main lighting if you need the loo at 3 in the morning!
As a bonus it’s not lost it’s warm white colour and it’s as bright as it was when it went in at 0 hours!  8)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 03:14:50 AM by AngryHorse » Logged

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Longest Lasting Lamp In Your House « Reply #4 on: November 01, 2022, 11:28:43 PM » Author: Cole D.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the two incandescents in the attic are the originals from the 70s. Don’t know what brand they are. They don’t get turned on often though.

Also the bulb in the living room ceiling fan could well be 70s as well.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Longest Lasting Lamp In Your House « Reply #5 on: November 02, 2022, 07:33:13 PM » Author: Rommie
It has to be the 28W 2D fixture in our bathroom; it gets switched on and off multiple times daily, and it's still going strong after 11 years on the original lamp  ;D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: Longest Lasting Lamp In Your House « Reply #6 on: November 04, 2022, 12:39:18 AM » Author: icefoglights
Probably a TCP CFL under the stairs.  Only used intermittently, so it probably doesn't have a ton of hours, but I think almost every other fixture in the house has been replaced in the time that CFL has been there.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Longest Lasting Lamp In Your House « Reply #7 on: November 05, 2022, 03:08:11 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
a pair of 1980s vintage Sylvania GTE F40T12 CW that I use in a shoplight fixture.  Love it.  Also have some GE F40T12 from the 1980s as well, they too are doing great but showing signs of the long sock which I love about them. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Longest Lasting Lamp In Your House « Reply #8 on: November 07, 2022, 03:03:37 PM » Author: James
In 2010 I installed LED GU10 lamps all around my home, naturally of my own design made by Sylvania.  All are still running after precisely 12 years service with no discernable depreciation of output.

These are outlived only by three FHE-T5 fluorescents that have been going almost 20 years despite daily use in the kitchen with multiple switchings per day  I am sure they could do another 20 years thanks to their ultrasoft cathode pre-heating on an outstanding Israeli-made Clalight Uniqtronic ballast.  But since the same light level can now be achieved for 50% reduced energy consumption and with CRI increased from Ra82 to Ra95, plus considerably reduced EMF which is very important for our health, I am planning to retire them and change to LED filament T5.  Those will probably last well into my retirement in another 20 years time!  I am not certain though that the remote LED drivers will survive so long.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 03:06:58 PM by James » Logged
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Longest Lasting Lamp In Your House « Reply #9 on: November 07, 2022, 07:12:39 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 9.5w CREE 2,700k LED that runs 24/7/365 and is currently at around 75,000 hrs !! I installed it new on April 24 , 2014 !
 https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-160438

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Longest Lasting Lamp In Your House « Reply #10 on: November 07, 2022, 09:17:58 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I've replaced all the lamps in my house at some point but one, a GE 65w BR30 incandescent, original to my house which was built in the 2000s, that gets rarely used.

Longest lasting hour-wise are a pair of Feit 12.2w BR30 LEDs in 5000K. They were installed in early 2019 and are still going strong, running dusk to dawn.
eyecandescent

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Longest Lasting Lamp In Your House « Reply #11 on: November 28, 2022, 10:08:28 PM » Author: eyecandescent
There is a 130V, 60W Abco Light Bulb that I recently found in the fixture of our outdoor balcony. It's literally original to the development from 1982. I was beyond shocked, that it was still going, and that the base was uncorroded. They just don't make things like that anymore.
Lcubed3

View Posts
View Gallery

MAXIMUM LUMENS!!!

Re: Longest Lasting Lamp In Your House « Reply #12 on: March 14, 2023, 06:28:30 PM » Author: Lcubed3
Probably the incandescent lamps in the ceiling fixture upstairs, they've been going strong for 20 years!

Portland General Electric: 120/240VAC @ 60Hz
Bringer of Light

cheezybean28

View Posts
View Gallery

HID rules

Re: Longest Lasting Lamp In Your House « Reply #13 on: March 19, 2023, 09:49:13 PM » Author: cheezybean28
It's gotta be the GE preheat f15 t8 fluorescent above my kitchen sink. it's older than me, and has been going every day since I was born (15 years ago) it could have been there since the early 80's though since that's when the house was built. still going strong to this day and is used daily!

Lighting collector that steers away from LED's

Does sketchy ballast and lamp experiments

Likes ballast hum a bit much

Collection/hoard is growing

flyoffacliff

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Longest Lasting Lamp In Your House « Reply #14 on: April 03, 2023, 07:10:18 PM » Author: flyoffacliff
I used to have a bathroom vanity light with five candelabra bulbs and three of them lasted over 15 years at a couple hours a day. They were on an old rotary dimmer so you had to turn them on slowly from 0%.

All of them had major sagging/drooping of the filaments between supports like a limp piece of string, and the top of the bulbs were blackened.

I feel like that dimmer gave them a massive boost in life span. If you touch the knob just right you could get it so dim that the filament barely glowed, and you could see the hot spots that glowed slightly brighter.

Eventually the light fixture was replaced and the bulbs were gone.

There was also a preheat CFL from the early '90s in a seldom used closet that I took with me when I moved out. I left and this really funky looking LED COB thing in its place.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies