Author Topic: Rant about Chinese made fluorescent fixture  (Read 2351 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Rant about Chinese made fluorescent fixture « on: July 06, 2021, 07:45:38 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Personally, after watching this video, I have decided that getting Chinese made lighting is a big no no for me due to the bad quality of lamps, ballasts, and fixtures.

Here is a link to the video:

https://youtu.be/lBaLh1sFHNA

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: Rant about Chinese made fluorescent fixture « Reply #1 on: October 28, 2022, 05:31:08 AM » Author: 108CAM
One of my all time favourite YT videos!

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Rant about Chinese made fluorescent fixture « Reply #2 on: October 28, 2022, 05:56:50 PM » Author: Econolite03
Do you remember that old video of some guy putting up a fluorescent street light that had two tubes that slid into a pair of clear sleeves with techno-music in the background? I haven’t found the video in a few years so I’d assume it’s long gone unfortunately.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Rant about Chinese made fluorescent fixture « Reply #3 on: October 28, 2022, 07:22:16 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the lowered build quality in the later fluorescent fixtures. Even the lampholders are a lot cheaper in quality compared to the older fixtures. It's obvious when you directly compare newer fixtures to older fixtures from the 80s and prior.

@Econolite03 - I don't remember that video but it sounded like it was pretty interesting. Shame it's gone from the internet.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies