Author Topic: What light sources do you plan to use in your Jack O Lanterns this Halloween?  (Read 1281 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
What light sources do you plan to use in your Jack O Lanterns this Halloween? « on: October 30, 2022, 07:27:16 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
For me, I might consider using a preheat CFL lamp in my Jack O Lantern this Halloween season?

Does anyone else know what light sources they plan to use in their Jack o Lanterns this Halloween?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: What light sources do you plan to use in your Jack O Lanterns this Halloween? « Reply #1 on: October 30, 2022, 08:44:15 PM » Author: Econolite03
Candle.
 :candle:
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What light sources do you plan to use in your Jack O Lanterns this Halloween? « Reply #2 on: October 30, 2022, 09:38:08 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Not gonna do a jack-o-lantern, I simply put up some strings of Halloween-colored lights on the house & filled one of those pumpkin-leaf-bags.
(if I was to do a jack-o-lantern, it'd ether get a strobelight or Christmas lights in it)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What light sources do you plan to use in your Jack O Lanterns this Halloween? « Reply #3 on: October 30, 2022, 10:10:01 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I am thinking of using a Feit Electric side mount 13w GX23 PL-S/PL-C preheat CFL adapter equipped with an unbranded 4100K 13w GX23 PL-S CFL lamp.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: What light sources do you plan to use in your Jack O Lanterns this Halloween? « Reply #4 on: October 30, 2022, 10:25:47 PM » Author: Cole D.
Well I don’t make real jack o lanterns, but if I did I’d use either a candle or one of those battery powered tea light things.

Now the fake jack o lanterns I have use 7W C7 clear incandescent bulbs.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What light sources do you plan to use in your Jack O Lanterns this Halloween? « Reply #5 on: October 30, 2022, 11:14:14 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 :lol: How's about 1000w HPS ?  :poof: You'd have the only pumpkin that could be seen from space ! :lol:  At least until it catches fire !!  SORRY !! I'm in a weird mood tonight !  :lol:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What light sources do you plan to use in your Jack O Lanterns this Halloween? « Reply #6 on: October 30, 2022, 11:15:24 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I have used a 150w S55 high pressure sodium lamp for a Jack o Lantern in 2020.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What light sources do you plan to use in your Jack O Lanterns this Halloween? « Reply #7 on: October 30, 2022, 11:16:41 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I'd assume it got rather hot !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What light sources do you plan to use in your Jack O Lanterns this Halloween? « Reply #8 on: October 30, 2022, 11:17:42 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
it got pretty warm and it was visible hundreds of feet away.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What light sources do you plan to use in your Jack O Lanterns this Halloween? « Reply #9 on: October 31, 2022, 08:29:51 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
As mentioned earlier, no jack-o-lantern....but I bet I'm the only one (other than maybe a LG member) who used a SOX as part of their Halloween display (a last-minute addition done this evening)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies