Author Topic: My Hyunday 15 CFL Buglite lit up with a fake programmed start.  (Read 2072 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

My Hyunday 15 CFL Buglite lit up with a fake programmed start. « on: March 08, 2010, 10:48:33 AM » Author: dor123
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY9cZVXESAQ
Check this out. This lamp is lit using a programmed start ignition mothed. However see how little time is elapsed from the moment i flicking the switch to the moment the lamp is lit. Is this a fair programmed start ignition behavior? Is this is "healthy" to the lamp?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 11:54:36 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My Hyunday 15 CFL Buglite lit up with a fake programmed start. « Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 01:33:27 PM » Author: Medved
Hard to say.
The ~0.5s time might be safe for preheat, using 10V in voltage mode preheat for regular 3.6V filament; it would allow about 0.2s preheat time. But for i do not know about any CFL using this method: It is too complex and at the same time quite stressing, using ~7V for preheat yield ~1s preheat time, but much less stress for the filament, so ensure "infinite" cycle life.
Similar time (0.5s) you might achieve with 4*Inom preheat current in current mode preheat, but then the preheat temperature would not be as much under control and it might severely overheat the filament, when partially worn out (= thinner, so lower thermal capacity).
Or it is designed as "RS": Apply voltage so low, the lamp would not strike without preheated electrodes, then the preheat time is effectively controlled by the lamp, but this is not anymore "programmed start", but rather "Rapid Start".
Check, how long the startup time is after switch OFF for <1second and for ~10second OFF time.
If for both cases the time is the same as when cold-starting, or the 0.5second is the ballast startup time, or the preheat is really controlled electronically (charging the capacitor in ore advanced electronic ballast). If it is the ballast startup, the lamp would die soon. If it is the electronic controlled preheat, the cycle life might be very long.
If after <1s switch OFF it start instantly, while after 10s it take the same as when cold (0.5s), then it is the RS (electrodes are not able to cool down after <1s and PTC for <10s, but after 10s electrodes are for sure cool)
And if it start instantly after 10s, it is likely the simple PTC controlled current mode preheat, while the preheat current is set quite high. S i would expect medium cycle life - after moderate wear the ectrodes would be overheating during "preheat", while the lamp would need to cool down for the preheat to take place.

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies