Author Topic: My Osram Duluxstar 8W 827 ignition  (Read 2622 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

My Osram Duluxstar 8W 827 ignition « on: March 08, 2010, 11:03:15 AM » Author: dor123
http://picasaweb.google.com/110595932802324922410/Lighting?authkey=Gv1sRgCI6D9bav-ezxcQ#5446282713167889362
Check this out: This lamp uses programmed start ignition mothed. However, there is no red, orange, or yellow hot electrodes glow during the electrode preheating mode, indication that the electrode are not warm enough to glow during the preheating. This is also happen when programmed starting krypton T5 fluorescent lamps (At least with the 54W krypton T5 lamps in my father home's kichen).
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 01:46:14 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My Osram Duluxstar 8W 827 ignition « Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 01:05:55 PM » Author: Medved
Electrodes do not have to be really bright red, dim-red is far enough and it is not visible outside. The good rule for enough electrode temperature is, their resistance is four times the cold resistance. And if you try it, there is only very dim red glow.
There should not be any blue or pink flash, showing the discharge in sputtered material.

No more selfballasted c***

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: My Osram Duluxstar 8W 827 ignition « Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 01:44:21 PM » Author: dor123
So i have several questions:
1. Why in PL and several self ballasted CFL lamps i saw the electrode glow bright yellow or orange (Indicates electrodes temperature near, equal or even over 1000 degrees celsius) before the discharge is struck?
2. On some argon T12 fluorescents (More notable with a thermal switch and electronic starters) and several two pin PL and self ballasted CFL lamps i saw that a mercury negative glow (Which the phosphor converted it to visible light of course) is struck between the electrodes during the preheating mode. Do you means that this negative glow aroung the electrodes causing severe electrodes sputtering and shorting the lamp life?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My Osram Duluxstar 8W 827 ignition « Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 01:54:22 PM » Author: Medved
This happen, when the temperature is way above the MINIMUM one. When really not excessive, it is of no harm for the lamp. Usually it is designed to include margin for production tolerances, so the temperature is AT LEAST the minimum in WORST CASE combination of ALL expected manufacturing tolerance extremes.
The maximum temperature is steeply limited by the emission itself when ionization start - it remove heat from the electrode (you need a lot of energy to kick the electron out of the surface at speed, while the ionisation will take it away from the electron, so it will return back only as slow)

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies