Author Topic: 120v Multi-Volt  (Read 806 times)
GE PM

View Posts
View Gallery

Ge Post Mount

120v Multi-Volt « on: December 02, 2022, 10:22:30 PM » Author: GE PM
is it possible to connect a 120v ballast to the load side of a Multi-Volt ballast to get 120/208/240/277 volts?

Collector of all things GE! Except for LEDs.
Utility Company: SCE

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: 120v Multi-Volt « Reply #1 on: December 03, 2022, 12:05:23 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Are you asking about using the ballast as a step up transformer to get access to 208v, 240v, and 277v mains supplies?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

GE PM

View Posts
View Gallery

Ge Post Mount

Re: 120v Multi-Volt « Reply #2 on: December 31, 2022, 11:34:07 PM » Author: GE PM
Yes!

Collector of all things GE! Except for LEDs.
Utility Company: SCE

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: 120v Multi-Volt « Reply #3 on: December 31, 2022, 11:48:55 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Yes, you can certainly use a multi volt HID ballast as a step up transformer since all autotransformer ballasts use an integral step up transformer to provide an adequate secondary voltage to keep the intended lamp running.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: 120v Multi-Volt « Reply #4 on: January 04, 2023, 10:36:45 AM » Author: BT25
Use a 1000W MH ballast...this will give you more VA wiggle room.

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account shows unnecessary spending? ::)
Have an empty wallet?  :lol:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies