Author Topic: Metal Halide Underwater!  (Read 2212 times)
tmcdllr

View Posts
View Gallery

Metal Halide Underwater! « on: June 01, 2010, 02:43:31 AM » Author: tmcdllr
Check this out

An underwater MH light complete with colored lamps! And since it is MH you could use a clear or coated MV lamp.

Nothing like the beautiful cool white light of a coated Mercury Vapor lamp and the soothing hum of it's magnetic ballast.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Metal Halide Underwater! « Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 07:06:59 AM » Author: dor123
The "colored" lamps in the picture are 100% a result of photo processing, and are actually a duplicated pictures of the "White" lamp, and the whole fixture is a cheating, since it uses a regular, common, general purpose elliptical MH lamp, CWA ballast and ignitor instead of a special miniature MH lamp and equipment designed for underwater lighting.
Theoretically, the only lamps that can truly be operated underwater in a parament mounted fixtures are PAR56 or larger lamps with a screw terminal base (Both incandescents and halogens), and LEDs.
Professional submarine torches is the only application where MH lamps can be operated, and it uses special miniature MH lamps.
Ebay is well known for having to offer bogus or unsafety products that don't standing up on any standard, since there is almost no supervision on the products offered for sale.
Ebay is not suitable for organizations but only for private homes.
In Israel for example, i think organizations tends to block the access to Ebay in their Intra-nets connection to the internet for their computers, as well as Youtube and Facebook are also blocked on their computers.
Also, and the most important, it is possible that this is actually a buying fraud, and that the product that displayed is a graphic art and doesn't exist.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 07:47:05 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

tmcdllr

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Metal Halide Underwater! « Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 08:43:33 AM » Author: tmcdllr
I believe this is possible and for real as if you search on Google you will find the manufacturer and website for this product. Don't know about the lamps but the fixture is real according to the manufacturer.

Nothing like the beautiful cool white light of a coated Mercury Vapor lamp and the soothing hum of it's magnetic ballast.

gailgrove

View Posts
View Gallery

MVs at Dusk

Re: Metal Halide Underwater! « Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 04:51:57 PM » Author: gailgrove
WOW! 700 bucks :o  :o :o :o :o I would NOT pay that much >:(

Say no to Induction & LED, HID forever!

tmcdllr

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Metal Halide Underwater! « Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 08:06:29 PM » Author: tmcdllr
Yeah that is a total and complete rip off! The fixture is cool but not for that price.

streetlight98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mike McCann

GoL Mike McCann 88219189@N04/albums
Re: Metal Halide Underwater! « Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 08:10:45 PM » Author: streetlight98
Yeah that is a total and complete rip off! The fixture is cool but not for that price.

That's how I feel!

Please check out my newly-updated website! McCann Lighting Company is where my street light collection is displayed in detail.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies