Author Topic: Osram (Ledvance) Factory Bari Italy  (Read 874 times)
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Osram (Ledvance) Factory Bari Italy « on: January 01, 2023, 02:05:50 PM » Author: Michael
What happened to the lamp factory in Bari, Italy. Closed down is my guess?

I noticed that all Dulux lamps now comes from China. The miniature T5 and the larger HE/ HO T5 tubes as well.

Are there any other Osram run factories left in Europe?

Alex

View Posts
View Gallery

feel free to ask questions

Re: Osram (Ledvance) Factory Bari Italy « Reply #1 on: January 01, 2023, 02:46:04 PM » Author: Alex
Hello Michael,
I am not sure about the exact fait of the Bari factory, however likely they closed down.

The only other Ledvance factory still operational in "Europe" that I know of is the smolensk plant in Russia.

Regarding Osram it does look a bit better. As much as I know there are still the factory's in Eichstätt (XBO and HBO lamps), Herbrechtingen (Automotive), Regensburg (LED semiconductors), Czechia (HMI).

What I do not know is if Radium is still part of Osram or independent again. If they are still part of Osram, then there is also the Wipperfürth factory (UV, Excimer, Infrared)

Best regards,

Alex

Glück auf ⚒️

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Osram (Ledvance) Factory Bari Italy « Reply #2 on: January 01, 2023, 03:06:35 PM » Author: Michael
Thank you very much Alex.

That’s what I thought. There was also the Nove Zámky factory in Slovakia which I also think that they closed down as I haven’t seen new HID lamps for almost two years.

I thought Radium separated from Ledvance but I haven’t seen any new lamps from this company lately.
Alex

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Osram (Ledvance) Factory Bari Italy « Reply #3 on: January 01, 2023, 03:36:34 PM » Author: Alex
It doesn't wonder me. What radium makes now, are highly specilized lamps for industrial applications.

Glück auf ⚒️

marcopete87

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Osram (Ledvance) Factory Bari Italy « Reply #4 on: January 01, 2023, 05:05:49 PM » Author: marcopete87
Hi, it was converted to build face masks due covid pandemic.
Now, there are some offers.
https://www.ilsole24ore.com/art/ex-osram-vertenza-vicina-svolta-AENlGaPC
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Osram (Ledvance) Factory Bari Italy « Reply #5 on: January 02, 2023, 04:27:57 AM » Author: Michael
Ok I see. At least there are some face masks still made in Europe and not all from CHINA.
Alex

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Osram (Ledvance) Factory Bari Italy « Reply #6 on: January 02, 2023, 04:28:40 AM » Author: Alex
Hello,
nice to see that the building is still used and not demolished.

best regards,
Alex

Glück auf ⚒️

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Osram (Ledvance) Factory Bari Italy « Reply #7 on: January 02, 2023, 04:34:01 AM » Author: dor123
Ok I see. At least there are some face masks still made in Europe and not all from CHINA.
The face masks we have here in Israel, aren't made in China I think.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Osram (Ledvance) Factory Bari Italy « Reply #8 on: January 02, 2023, 08:21:01 AM » Author: James
Isn’t Bari transferred to Inventronics who bought the Osram electronics division?  I think they are still making LED drivers, although it could be that everything was concentrated at Treviso in Italy.

Most of the other ex-Osram / Ledvance plants have been sold off to new owners.  Recently I had the immense pleasure to visit Eichstätt for some joint development works, that is possibly the most advanced lamp factory left in Europe, but it is also now fully independent of Osram & Ledvance, operating as Aurora Licht.  I have never before seen some types of traditional lamps, LEDs or drivers being made so fast or efficiently as there.

As far as I know Osram still owns the Berlin-B plant at Spandau.  Last time I visited there it was still making the Xenon automotive HID, XBO, various arctubes for HID outerjacketing in Slovakia and China, fluorescent starters, quartz and LED parts.

Radium is indeed fully independent and seems to be doing relatively well.

The former OsramSylvania operations in Americas were also now split off from Osram, as were many if not all of the former Ledvance/Osram Chinese lamp plants.
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Osram (Ledvance) Factory Bari Italy « Reply #9 on: January 02, 2023, 01:58:19 PM » Author: Michael
Well that’s interesting James! Thank’s for the update. What do you think about the future? Is there a chance that more lamps/ lighting related parts will be made in Europe again or is there still a strong movement toward China?
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies