Author Topic: Utility Replacing Fixtures Excessively  (Read 7761 times)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Utility Replacing Fixtures Excessively « Reply #30 on: September 07, 2021, 07:35:22 PM » Author: Rommie
Yeah I never spotted any of the crews here either, I heard they do sometimes work at night to make it easier to spot any failed units. Over here they replaced the lights on my street during the day. When I left in the morning it was still HPS but when I returned in the evening, everything got LEDized.
They did that where I used to live before I moved up here. The estate was lit with post top lanterns (GEC Z5670 or similar, don't recall exactly) with 80W MV, and had been since the early 70's when the houses there were built. I went to work one morning as usual, somewhere around 2010 if I recall correctly. When I left, they were still there, then when I returned later that evening, all had gone, replaced with some of the most awful L*D glare-bombs I have ever seen  :'(

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

LightUpMyLife

View Posts
View Gallery

https://www.facebook.com/ https://twitter.com/TedTa
Re: Utility Replacing Fixtures Excessively « Reply #31 on: September 19, 2021, 07:49:51 PM » Author: LightUpMyLife
At least you're seeing new HPS lights being put in. Most of the time they get replaced with LEDs.
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Utility Replacing Fixtures Excessively « Reply #32 on: September 22, 2021, 06:37:41 PM » Author: Econolite03
Was in the area again today, SCE has replaced even more lights with OVHs.
 >:(
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Utility Replacing Fixtures Excessively « Reply #33 on: September 23, 2021, 07:19:29 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Was in the area again today, SCE has replaced even more lights with OVHs.
 >:(
Wow! I never heard of such mass replacements of lights of the same exact type, especially if some still work!

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

GE PM

View Posts
View Gallery

Ge Post Mount

Re: Utility Replacing Fixtures Excessively « Reply #34 on: January 20, 2023, 11:45:16 AM » Author: GE PM
I've seen that happen on a smaller scale in Irvine.

Collector of all things GE! Except for LEDs.
Utility Company: SCE

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies