Author Topic: Commentary in Site Posts  (Read 2468 times)
Mercury Man

View Gallery

Commentary in Site Posts « on: March 18, 2010, 10:20:43 PM » Author: Mercury Man
Hello All,

Recently, a few members have expressed some concerns about other members systematically making negative comments about fellow members' uploads.

Lighting-Gallery.net has historically been a very friendly and amiable site, with some very loyal and dedicated members.  A few members (who shall remain nameless) have chosen to express their distaste for items in photographs uploaded by fellow members.  This is MOST inappropriate.  Not to sound cliched, but I must quote the old adage: "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

Therefore, it is my expectation, going forward, that the following negative adjectives that can be used to describe lighting sources and devices in fellow members' collections will NOT be used in ANY commentary:  OBSOLETE, and INEFFICIENT.  Should any commentary be posted containing either of those words, they will be deleted by an administrator.  There is nothing wrong with collecting vintage technology.  These are words that people who have an affection for vintage technology DO NOT WANT TO HEAR...because this forum WELCOMES images of vintage technology.

Furthermore, in no way is it appropriate to assert that any geographical area is superior to others with regard to the technology being used there.  No member shall make a comment that disparages other members from different cities, countries, continents, etc.  Should any instance of this activity occur going forward, the member in question will be immediately banned.  Lighting-Gallery.net has never been, or never will be, a forum for miscreants to express their distaste for others' interests or the technology used in their locales.

It is my expectation, along with the other administrators, that this post will squelch the negativity that has been popping up here and there on the site.  Those parties who have recently been offenders will be subject to administrative review and possible rejection from the site for continuing negative behavior.

Brian

DaveMan
Administrator

View Gallery

Re: Commentary in Site Posts « Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 09:30:15 PM » Author: DaveMan
I should also mention that even though Brian is no longer here, this policy is still in place and I will continue to enforce it. The reason why is because I want this site to be welcoming to everyone.
Thanks.

David L.
Administrator, Lighting-Gallery.net

Print 
© 2005-2018 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines