Author Topic: Found: SO 140W lamps; Wanted: Outer flasks  (Read 839 times)
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Found: SO 140W lamps; Wanted: Outer flasks « on: May 12, 2023, 04:19:01 AM » Author: Michael
Today I’ve got a box of 8 times NOS PHILIPS SO 140W lamps- sadly without the outer flask. I’m now after a couple of these flasks. Does someone has some for sell or trade?

Thanks

Michael
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Found: SO 140W lamps; Wanted: Outer flasks « Reply #1 on: May 12, 2023, 06:25:23 AM » Author: Rommie
The 'Bamboo' design as well, which dates them 1955-58, very nice  :lps:

Sadly I can't help, but if I see anything I'll let you know. The only outer jackets I have spare are 45W and 85W, typical isn't it  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Found: SO 140W lamps; Wanted: Outer flasks « Reply #2 on: May 12, 2023, 06:41:30 AM » Author: Michael
Thanks Ria. I got manymany lamps more today…  :P
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Found: SO 140W lamps; Wanted: Outer flasks « Reply #3 on: May 12, 2023, 06:36:30 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I have also been after SO low pressure sodium lamps for a while as well.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Found: SO 140W lamps; Wanted: Outer flasks « Reply #4 on: May 12, 2023, 06:46:06 PM » Author: Rommie
I have 60W and 85W but not the others, sadly.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Found: SO 140W lamps; Wanted: Outer flasks « Reply #5 on: May 12, 2023, 06:46:53 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
They have been discontinued for decades. That is what makes them especially rare.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Found: SO 140W lamps; Wanted: Outer flasks « Reply #6 on: May 16, 2023, 03:33:36 PM » Author: James
Yes!  I have one spare SO 140W dewar, and fortunately it's a Philips.  Well actually it is marked Philora and is from 1941 so a fair bit older than your Bamboo inners, but should still match them well.  Depending on how impatient you are to light up some of your recent haul, do you want me to post it?  Alternatively I expect to make another trip to Zürich late June or early July, perhaps that could present a suitable opportunity.  I am still greatly indebted to you from our previous trade, so it would be good to see this go to a good home to be matched up with its intended inner.
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Found: SO 140W lamps; Wanted: Outer flasks « Reply #7 on: May 28, 2023, 12:56:43 AM » Author: Michael
Hi James

I somehow missed your post. Yes I would like to get the dewar jacket. Would it be possible to make a stopover at my place like last time or any other place around Zurich? I would greatly commit some other bulbs plus the one dewar jacket with the brocken exhaust pip from a SO60W you gave me some years back… Maybe you are able to repair it?

Thanks

Michael
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies