Author Topic: GE Plant in Bucyrus is Closed  (Read 486 times)
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
GE Plant in Bucyrus is Closed « on: February 08, 2023, 10:23:52 AM » Author: CEB1993
I stumbled upon the article below that says the General Electric plant in Bucyrus, OH is now closed and final closing activities will end in July of this year. I admit, I cried when I read this  :'(

The American made light bulb is now officially extinct. I believe this is the very last USA lighting plant that was still in operation until recently. They made GE glass LEDs at this plant for a short time in early 2021. However, manufacturing was too expensive and that was outsourced overseas.

It just makes all the American made lamps we are so fond of all the more special and valuable. My heart goes out to those in Bucyrus who have lost their jobs.  :love:

https://www.bucyrustelegraphforum.com/story/news/local/2022/08/04/bucyrus-lamp-plant-will-close-at-the-end-of-september-company-warns/65392128007/

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: GE Plant in Bucyrus is Closed « Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 03:32:05 PM » Author: Econolite03
What a tragedy. Reminds me of when they shut down their old incandescent plant over a decade ago. Thanks so much Savant.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: GE Plant in Bucyrus is Closed « Reply #2 on: February 16, 2023, 10:56:09 PM » Author: joseph_125
What a shame, reminds me when Sylvania shut the Drummondville QC plant here in Canada. Now I believe no one makes any sort of lamp in Canada.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies