Author Topic: It's over.  (Read 5287 times)
nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: It's over. « Reply #15 on: February 17, 2015, 03:15:18 PM » Author: nicksfans
They haven't been replacing them in large numbers yet, but I'll try to catch them when they are. It would be cool if you came up sometime, but there really isn't a whole lot to see.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

TheLightingCollector

View Posts
View Gallery

UCuHQve8emnnL_d9oU44qklw
Re: It's over. « Reply #16 on: March 22, 2015, 09:44:08 AM » Author: TheLightingCollector
 In fact, Dixon, IL (just 10 min drive away) is all HPS like normal.

Dallas is the same! Entire highways and bridges are lit with  :mv:! Also the whole downtown has em!!! The suburbs have  :hps:>:( But the historical areas have  :mv:. Also Dealey Plaza HAS to stay the way it looked when JFK was shot. So it will ALWAYS be  :mv: ;D!!!!!!
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: It's over. « Reply #17 on: March 22, 2015, 05:18:05 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Also Dealey Plaza HAS to stay the way it looked when JFK was shot. So it will ALWAYS be  :mv: ;D!!!!!!

I just looked up Dealey Plaza's Wikipedia article, and it indeed echos what you say. That's remarkable.

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: It's over. « Reply #18 on: May 23, 2015, 02:00:03 AM » Author: Solanaceae
Nothing gold can stay. That's just the evolution of technology.  ::)    Reference to the outsiders and the gold plated arctube ends that help retain heat.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

hannahs lights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: It's over. « Reply #19 on: June 16, 2015, 02:39:03 PM » Author: hannahs lights
Here in my part of England (south coast) we have almost exclusively HPS  with a handful of low pressure sodium remaining. However a private sportground near me has those bluish color lights I've never seen them anywhere else round here though. They were installed around 10 years ago
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: It's over. « Reply #20 on: June 16, 2015, 02:55:16 PM » Author: Solanaceae
A lot of areas still have MV fixtures that are actually RELAMPED.  :o :mv: I saw some Mercury fixtures that were dead before I left to vacation and they were revamped after. The only time a lantern is replaced is when it fails (bad ballast) or gets knocked down.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies