Author Topic: BAD last couple of weeks !!!!  (Read 1268 times)
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: BAD last couple of weeks !!!! « Reply #15 on: July 16, 2023, 09:08:47 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah, I've seen some rather interesting packing material choices over the years, egg cartons seem to be a common one too, as well as old flyers/newspapers. However the worst packing job was when I ordered a 35w SOX from Amazon, they just shipping the lamp loose in a large box. Needless to say it arrived with the inner broken. I complained and they sent me a new one which was thankfully padded and wrapped in bubble wrap so it survived.

I suppose if the packing material did the job and my stuff arrives intact then I can't complain too much about the egg cartons and newspaper, even though I have no use for them. Stuff like bubble wrap and packing peanuts I generally keep and reuse for any trades etc.

Anyway, if you buy a brand new ballast, the manufacturers typically use a box sized to the core. They also use a cardboard insert and the mounting brackets for the ballast to restrain the core as much as possible to prevent it from moving enough to punch a hole in the outer box and escape.   
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: BAD last couple of weeks !!!! « Reply #16 on: July 16, 2023, 10:26:25 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 What kinda surprised me is that this vendor is also an supplier of used and surplus industrial parts and equipment . They are based out of Ohio . I've bought other things from them with no issues .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: BAD last couple of weeks !!!! « Reply #17 on: July 20, 2023, 06:30:29 PM » Author: mefurd98
I’ve gotten quite a few shattered bulbs off eBay, mostly in lots. I once ordered some Sylvania 150w HPS lamps and 3 or 4 of them were shattered. It was mostly the delivery company’s fault because the lamps were packaged well. On the other hand I’ve bought some mercs off eBay and the refractors were broken due to poor packaging.   :-\
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: BAD last couple of weeks !!!! « Reply #18 on: July 20, 2023, 06:35:53 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Knock on wood , I've had pretty good luck with eBay purchases ! My only real issues have been with the wonderful world of FedEX !  :curse:  90% of damaged items were shipped thru them . UPS is OK but usually PAINFULLY show !!  If the item is packed correctly  , you stand a really good chance of it surviving the trip unless the shipper uses your package as a football !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies