Author Topic: I really don’t fit in here anymore  (Read 602 times)
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
I really don’t fit in here anymore « on: January 29, 2024, 06:26:01 PM » Author: Silverliner
I think a lot of the members here are stuck up and cliquey and see me as more of a nuisance when I’m around. I lack charisma and I find learning social skills incredibly difficult to make myself more warm and interesting. So I feel I should delete all my pics and close my account. And focus on the FB groups instead.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: I really don’t fit in here anymore « Reply #1 on: January 29, 2024, 06:59:22 PM » Author: Econolite03
Please don’t. I know the site can be subjective sometimes and has kinda stunk a bit lately, but don’t throw in the towel yet. I respect you, you’re one of the last original members. Facebook is toxic as h*ll to be honest. Feel free to reach out privately if you want to.

Now on Linktree

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I really don’t fit in here anymore « Reply #2 on: January 29, 2024, 10:21:22 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Hey Dave  , definitely don't go !!! As I said in the other post  , this site is definitely on a down swing right now but I'm sure it'll pick up eventually .  Besides , we have several mambers here who can personally vouch for the cliquey , snotty  , stuck up people on FB !  Please stick it out !! In the end , I think you'll be glad you did !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: I really don’t fit in here anymore « Reply #3 on: January 30, 2024, 07:21:15 AM » Author: Rommie
Just sent you a PM, Dave. Get in touch if you want to chat, I'm a good listener  :-* :love:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: I really don’t fit in here anymore « Reply #4 on: January 30, 2024, 07:34:42 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Dave, as it says in the song don't go.  :-*

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: I really don’t fit in here anymore « Reply #5 on: January 30, 2024, 07:36:34 AM » Author: rjluna2
Hey Dave :) You are the valuable member here knowing lots of bulbs you have identified where otherwise it would been forever unknown.

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I really don’t fit in here anymore « Reply #6 on: January 31, 2024, 11:19:10 AM » Author: Danny
It is certainly not the same on this site anymore. Not what it used to be. Still some good people here but they are all going inactive unfortunately i have not uploaded much to here or been on much in the past 2-3 months and everyone seems new its all new people. Theres barely any original members left on here from when i first joined. I will still contribute and never close my account though.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: I really don’t fit in here anymore « Reply #7 on: February 03, 2024, 07:30:28 PM » Author: suzukir122
Yoooo... you're one of the OG members on Lighting Gallery. You're also one of the main member names I think of each time I visit Lighting Gallery.
And it's been that way for years. You're an OG bro... a legend. More people care about you than you may think. You've got a ton of interesting lamps and
gear in your collection, which is another reason why you made it to the OG level in my book, several years ago. Same goes for Patrick, Danny, Daveman, and
all other familiar names I've seen on this site back around 2010.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Stop replacing fixtures that can be retrofitted.

Re: I really don’t fit in here anymore « Reply #8 on: February 03, 2024, 08:09:36 PM » Author: Maxim
Hey Dave, you have a large collection and the knowledge base to go with it; losing you from this site will just give the rest of us one more reason to delete our photos and accounts and never look back. Please, don't throw in the towel just yet. Hang in there. :) :love:

Collector of all kinds of lamps, gear, and fixtures.
My favorite lighting technologies at the moment are incandescent and mercury vapor, and my favorite Big 3 lighting brand of the late 20th century is GTE Sylvania.

About that Westinghouse Lifeguard disease, I think I've caught it. Thanks Eric! 8)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies