Author Topic: Strange messages on store intercoms  (Read 849 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Strange messages on store intercoms « on: April 01, 2023, 05:36:27 PM » Author: Cole D.
Has anyone heard and strange pages/messages over the store intercom?

Friday I went to Goodwill and I heard a woman come over the speakers and say “Security, please scan and record all departments now.”

I’ve never heard THAT before.  :o

When I was a kid at Walmart I would often hear, “____, please come to the front, your party is waiting.”
I used to think that meant the person had a birthday cake and party waiting for them at the front.
😹

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Strange messages on store intercoms « Reply #1 on: April 01, 2023, 08:43:05 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I've heard stuff like that before, usually though giving a camera number.
From what I've heard, sometimes its just a automated message (picked randomly from a group of "security messages") that plays at random intervals... and sometimes they've seen something on camera and announce it to let a thief know "you've been caught, drop it and leave" and nothing will happen to you.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Strange messages on store intercoms « Reply #2 on: April 02, 2023, 08:08:15 AM » Author: Cole D.
Interesting, yeah surprisingly I’ve never heard that kind of message before ever.

I have heard things like “code ___” or stuff like that. Or “manager code 3”.

In the supermarket they used to say “all service personnel to the front, all service personnel to the front…” when the checkout lines would get backed up, so they could open more lanes.

And I’ve noticed in grocery stores, there’s usually a “ding!” Sound before somebody comes on the intercom. Particularly at Publix and Winn Dixie.

Oh and I remember in Walmart sometimes they would come on and give a description of a vehicle and say “your lights are on”. But I never hear that one in years.

I did do a search on Google and apparently that “scan and record ____ department/area” is common at Walmart. But yeah I don’t remember hearing it.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Strange messages on store intercoms « Reply #3 on: April 02, 2023, 03:56:01 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I've heard that 'scan and record' at the local Walmart before, bet its been awhile.
Still occasionally hear stuff like 'all available cashiers to the front' at grocery stores.
And Target here, the employees carry radios rather than announcements over the intercom.. sometimes you'll hear stuff over those.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Strange messages on store intercoms « Reply #4 on: April 14, 2023, 05:13:53 AM » Author: suzukir122
At the Walmart just down the street from me, I've heard FAR less professional messages through the intercom, based on security issues...
probably kids being stupid. Some lady was like, "Security, please scan the Electronics Department." Three minutes later: "Okay, security,
I need you to scan the toy aisles." Minutes later... "please scan kitchen supplies. I really need you to scan kitchen supplies." First thing that popped
into my mind? Panic. Second thing?... "Sounds like I'm gonna have to defend myself." Panic is the number one thing I do not want to feel when I'm in the
middle of a grocery store.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Strange messages on store intercoms « Reply #5 on: April 15, 2023, 11:24:13 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 My favorite was hearing "Deli , you have a call on line 1 " at the grocery store followed by a rather irratated reply of "DELI HAS BEEN CLOSED FOR 35 MINUTES !!  >:( "    :lol: :lol:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies