Author Topic: Philips SND 58 Digital Ignitor with “normal” ballast  (Read 624 times)
rafaf777

View Posts
View Gallery

Burg10Apple UCTPbJ02hRJuqqiKVmVjnl1g
Philips SND 58 Digital Ignitor with “normal” ballast « on: April 06, 2023, 11:48:38 AM » Author: rafaf777
today i got this Philips SND 58 digital ignitor, in its scheme it represents a ballast with 3 connections. i was wondering if there’s a wiring that works for normal 2 connections ballast. thanks
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Philips SND 58 Digital Ignitor with “normal” ballast « Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 01:11:21 PM » Author: Rommie
Not sure to be honest, it may just be a case of ignoring the 3rd connection, but then again it may not..!

You might want to post the picture in the gallery as well.

For info, you originally posted this in questions and suggestions, that is more for questions/suggestions about the site.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Philips SND 58 Digital Ignitor with “normal” ballast « Reply #2 on: April 06, 2023, 01:44:11 PM » Author: dor123
I think this ignitor is for ballasts with an ignition tap. This is a semi-parallel ignitor.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Philips SND 58 Digital Ignitor with “normal” ballast « Reply #3 on: April 11, 2023, 05:44:59 AM » Author: Medved
It is a semiparallel ignitor, requiring a tap in 20% of the winding (from the line input end).
Note with these ignitors the use of  the PFC capacitor is a must, because they serve double role, they form the low impedance path for the "primary" ignitor circuit (the ignitor generates the ~600V pulse between "tab" vs "Neutral", but the ballast needs the pulse between the "Line input" vs "tab" terminals in order to properly generate the 3kV ignition pulses at the "Lamp" output terminal), the peak currents there are rather high and virtually any extra impedance between the ignitors "Neutral" and the ballast "Line" will reduce the output ignition pulse voltage.

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies