Author Topic: Satco Mogul Base 3 Way LED Bulbs  (Read 1348 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Satco Mogul Base 3 Way LED Bulbs « on: June 11, 2023, 10:58:08 PM » Author: Cole D.
I finally discovered a 3 way LED with mogul base, made by Satco. I discovered these last week on Overstock and Wayfair and now on this site.

They come in 4 different color temperature options. They are a little ugly but in a Torchiere or center bowl of a 6 way type lamp you wouldn’t notice it I don’t think.

It’s also interesting these use brass colored base threads like some incandescent mogul bulbs do.

A little pricier than a typical medium base 3 way LED but a good option to be able to use the 3 way mogul socket to its full potential while updating to a more energy cost efficient bulb. I’m not sure if these just came out or not but I know I’ve searched several times and never came across them before.

https://gellerlighting.com/search.php?search_query=PS25%20satco&section=product
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 11:02:13 PM by Cole D. » Logged

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Satco Mogul Base 3 Way LED Bulbs « Reply #1 on: June 12, 2023, 12:22:04 AM » Author: joseph_125
Interesting find. It might make keeping the old mogul three way lamps around viable to the average person that might have an issue with the power consumption of the original incandescent. Those lamps are getting harder to find too. These probably used the same screw threads as the incandescent lamps in order to cut down on the amount of custom tooling required.

The appearance of the lamp reminds me a lot of the early LED retrofit lamps from the 2010s. I suppose such as design was chosen as a way to cut costs on what would probably be a fairly niche product but as you said, most fixtures that would use this lamp have glass diffuser bowls and shades around the three way mogul socket anyway so the lamp is hidden from direct view. Interesting it comes in four different colour temperatures but it seems like none offer switchable colour temperature. It would be neat to have one with 2000K or 2700K for the low setting, 3000K or 3500K for the middle setting and 4000K for the high setting. Kind of like the Philips Sceneswitch lamps but with the brightness and CCT toggled using the three way switch instead of by cycling the power.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Satco Mogul Base 3 Way LED Bulbs « Reply #2 on: June 23, 2023, 08:34:02 AM » Author: Cole D.
Yeah that would be cool if the color temperature changed with each level.

I’ve seen some under cabinet LED lights that have a high/low/off switch where the high and low are different color temperatures.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Satco Mogul Base 3 Way LED Bulbs « Reply #3 on: June 23, 2023, 07:57:56 PM » Author: joseph_125
Some of the Philips dimmable 2700K LED lamps had a pretty cool feature that blended in a warmer LED as you dimmed the lamp so it appeared more like a incandescent when dimmed as the CCT would drop. Looks a lot better compared to the older dimmable LED lamps where the CCT remained constant.
icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: Satco Mogul Base 3 Way LED Bulbs « Reply #4 on: February 07, 2024, 02:57:43 AM » Author: icefoglights
I finally discovered a 3 way LED with mogul base, made by Satco.

It's about dang time!!!  I've been hoping for something like this for a while now.  I have a stash of old stock mogul 3-way bulbs, but recent production mogul bulbs are... not good!

Some of the Philips dimmable 2700K LED lamps had a pretty cool feature that blended in a warmer LED as you dimmed the lamp so it appeared more like an incandescent when dimmed as the CCT would drop. Looks a lot better compared to the older dimmable LED lamps where the CCT remained constant.
I've been using these in all of my dimmable fixtures for a year and a half now.  They work pretty well.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Satco Mogul Base 3 Way LED Bulbs « Reply #5 on: February 15, 2024, 09:57:14 PM » Author: Cole D.
Yeah, I picked up some Westinghouse and Philips mogul bulbs at local hardware stores, haven’t tried them, but I heard the newer ones tend to burn out quickly.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies