Author Topic: Electronic ballasted CFL flickering inside a decorative hanging fixture  (Read 2308 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Electronic ballasted CFL flickering inside a decorative hanging fixture « on: April 15, 2010, 03:26:31 PM » Author: dor123
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIniNzX_rus
I photographed this video at Canyon Haifa mall.
This is one of the many decorative fixture with an CFLs with integrated electronic ballast.
Why the lamp in it filckers like that.
Note: The flickering in this video looks very different then in reality. The lamp in this fixture had a 50hz like flikering in reality.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 05:17:53 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Electronic ballasted CFL flickering inside a decorative hanging fixture « Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 03:33:31 PM » Author: Medved
The filtering tank capacitor is dead (rubber seal failed, so the electrolyte dried out, so there was nothing left to carry the current towards the thin dielectric), so the lamp flicker with mains...

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies