Author Topic: The Biggest Downside Of LED Lights (And 5 Reasons They're Better Than Incandesce  (Read 741 times)
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
The Biggest Downside Of LED Lights (And 5 Reasons They're Better Than Incandesce « on: August 02, 2023, 07:30:02 AM » Author: rjluna2
I found an article about The Biggest Downside Of LED Lights (And 5 Reasons They're Better Than Incandescent).

I would take that some of the negative aspect on LED lighting has been omitted at that article ???

Comments away.

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: The Biggest Downside Of LED Lights (And 5 Reasons They're Better Than Incandesce « Reply #1 on: August 02, 2023, 08:55:35 AM » Author: Rommie
I've never read so much claptrap in my life. Better for the environment..? Last longer..? Erm.. No. Glass is a hell of a lot easier to recycle than plastic, not to mention the circuitry in the drivers. and I've known LED fixtures to fail within weeks of being installed.

Go away and tell yourselves how wonderful LEDs are, you'll never convince me. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some 70yr old incandescent lamps to light.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: The Biggest Downside Of LED Lights (And 5 Reasons They're Better Than Incandesce « Reply #2 on: August 02, 2023, 09:43:38 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
How big was the bung from an L*D manufacturer to write that garbage.?  :wndr:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: The Biggest Downside Of LED Lights (And 5 Reasons They're Better Than Incandesce « Reply #3 on: August 02, 2023, 10:59:55 AM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah, regurgitated content like that with some slight clickbaity elements is part of the reason why I don't really read "mainstream" news sources as much anymore. TBH it does look like something a LED manufacturer wrote or at least provided the talking points for.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: The Biggest Downside Of LED Lights (And 5 Reasons They're Better Than Incandesce « Reply #4 on: August 02, 2023, 11:02:38 AM » Author: dor123
This is 100% clickbait or at least product placement.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: The Biggest Downside Of LED Lights (And 5 Reasons They're Better Than Incandesce « Reply #5 on: August 07, 2023, 02:27:36 AM » Author: AngryHorse
$20 per light?, this article seems to be reposted from 10 years ago?, so it would have been a valid question back then?  ;)

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Robotjulep

View Posts
View Gallery

HID lighting is the best!!!

Re: The Biggest Downside Of LED Lights (And 5 Reasons They're Better Than Incandesce « Reply #6 on: August 09, 2023, 09:02:06 AM » Author: Robotjulep
This article saying LEDs will last longer than incandescent and are "better for the environment" is a false claim. LED has plenty toxic materials in it whereas Incandescent is only glass and tungsten. Furthermore, LEDs usually fail because of their drivers that are made in China. It is possible to make incandescent lamps last long. They can be ran at reduced voltage. If anything, Incandescent lamps are more environmental friendly than LED. Currently, this article has more downvotes than upvotes so it is a scam saying "LEDs are better than Incandescent".

I collect:
Light bulbs, fixtures, and gear,
Electric motors (Preferably AC induction motors),
Computers,
and Stereo equipment.

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The Biggest Downside Of LED Lights (And 5 Reasons They're Better Than Incandesce « Reply #7 on: August 09, 2023, 02:47:21 PM » Author: Roi_hartmann
Reduced voltage incandescent lamps as well as very long lasting incandescent lamps have terrible efficiency. Those 8000hrs lamps are more like heaters than light source.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies