Author Topic: Crazy, dangerous or stupid things you have seen done (or done yourself!)  (Read 16119 times)
Miss Cuddly

View Gallery

Mainly the mechanical side of things

ATL sammi.grayjones@gmail.com
Re: Crazy, dangerous or stupid things you have seen done (or done yourself!) « Reply #150 on: November 04, 2018, 05:52:02 PM » Author: Miss Cuddly
I just remembered a really extraordinary one. 

A house I'm moving into in January was built at several different times, and the detached garage was added much later.  The garage has never been finished but Mr. Handy Previous Homeowner had run power out there for the garage door openers and outlets for car engine block heaters.  The source of this power? 12/3 yellow Romex stapled to drywall and painted over in the mud room of the house, run down a trimless/unfinished door jamb in front of door hinges, then out under the hinge side corner of the lesser used side of a pair of double French doors! Roll Eyes It then goes through a crack in the deck, where it runs along the ground and into some PVC pipe and into the garage.  Oh, so code-worthy, when two minutes with a drill through even a wood-frame basement window right adjacent to it would have made so much more sense. 

Every time I go in and out of that door working on the place I look at it and scratch my head.  I've done my fair of less than code compliant ones, but this one seems especially noteworthy.  Yes, through a door jamb, of a door that will invariably be opened and closed at times.  (At least the less used side of the pair of French doors).
I do hope that one of the first jobs you do is to put that right.  Roll Eyes

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen)

LED lighting has its place in the home or other indoor uses, but outdoors in street lights is in my opinion not one of them.

Miss Cuddly

View Gallery

Mainly the mechanical side of things

ATL sammi.grayjones@gmail.com
Re: Crazy, dangerous or stupid things you have seen done (or done yourself!) « Reply #151 on: November 08, 2018, 03:13:29 PM » Author: Miss Cuddly
I was using a set of step ladders without opening them up and they slipped, resulting in me ending up bashing my upper lip off a cupboard. Ouch!! Shocked

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen)

LED lighting has its place in the home or other indoor uses, but outdoors in street lights is in my opinion not one of them.

Print 
© 2005-2018 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines