Author Topic: How many of us are curently students  (Read 1158 times)
CoolBeans

View Posts
View Gallery

Say no to generic EXIT signs

UCgS0pNTqygf9BJruCGNd_yA
How many of us are curently students « on: August 19, 2023, 02:48:28 PM » Author: CoolBeans
Are you a student and what level of education are you currently at? If you are in higher education, what degree are you hoping to achieve?

I am currently in college yet again at Joliet Junior College for a certificate in industrial maintenance, but it would be nice to make that a degree. I have two other associates degrees already in trades, but they were not the right right fit for me (HVAC/R and PLC programming).
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: How many of us are curently students « Reply #1 on: August 19, 2023, 08:21:09 PM » Author: Burrito
I'm in the 11th grade so far. I'll be applying to a tech school next January to hopefully become an electrician next August

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: How many of us are curently students « Reply #2 on: August 20, 2023, 12:15:16 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Also going into the 11th grade. Hoping one day that I'll get into installing street lights aor working for an outdoor lighting manufacturer.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: How many of us are curently students « Reply #3 on: August 20, 2023, 12:45:46 AM » Author: Bulbman256
I'm heading into Senior year or my last year of HS education (12th grade). I'm currently planning on studying electrical engineering at a midwestern school, still working out where to go.

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: How many of us are curently students « Reply #4 on: August 20, 2023, 02:18:27 AM » Author: Econolite03
I’m currently finishing my Certificate of Achievement(s) for electrical (one for general industry, another is traffic signal tech). I recently got my OSHA card for construction health / safety training.

Down the road, I long term what to work towards my Bachelor’s degree for Civil Engineering. Though electrical is top priority.

Now on Linktree

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: How many of us are curently students « Reply #5 on: September 20, 2023, 09:52:02 PM » Author: Lumex120
I'm finishing up my associate's degree in Mechanical Drafting and design. Once that's all done I'm planning on studying mechanical engineering.

Unofficial LG Discord

CoolBeans

View Posts
View Gallery

UCgS0pNTqygf9BJruCGNd_yA
Re: How many of us are curently students « Reply #6 on: September 24, 2023, 11:38:09 AM » Author: CoolBeans
I'm currently planning on studying electrical engineering at a midwestern school.
"planning on studying electrical engineering"(Bulbman256) Electrical engineering sounds hard, but there are a lot of places you can go with that degree. Where do you hope to go?

I'm finishing up my associate's degree in Mechanical Drafting and design. Once that's all done I'm planning on studying mechanical engineering.
"my associate's degree in Mechanical Drafting and design"(Lumex120) I look at some of the machines at work and totally lost at where the designers even started from. A wrap-around case packer is a complected piece of equipment, and so many different servos driving nip rollers, chains, and flight bars. "I'm planning on studying mechanical engineering"(Lumex120) That sounds cool. Where would you like to go with engineering?

I’m currently finishing my Certificate of Achievement(s) for electrical (one for general industry, another is traffic signal tech).
"another is traffic signal tech"(Econolite03) Traffic light tech seems like a cool job. The control cabinets are pretty interesting to me and the equipment is preparatory.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: How many of us are curently students « Reply #7 on: September 24, 2023, 05:07:49 PM » Author: joseph_125
Well no longer a student now but I did mechanical engineering when I was in university. I also took a basic fabrication course where I learned stuff liking machining, welding etc. Made it handy back then for my lighting projects.
CoolBeans

View Posts
View Gallery

UCgS0pNTqygf9BJruCGNd_yA
Re: How many of us are curently students « Reply #8 on: September 24, 2023, 05:26:56 PM » Author: CoolBeans
Lathes and mills are kind of scary. definitely equipment that deserves respect. Did your schools machine shop teach you using .001" or 0.01mm, or both?

edit: messed up my numbers
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 05:47:41 PM by CoolBeans » Logged
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: How many of us are curently students « Reply #9 on: September 24, 2023, 08:56:31 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah a lathe and a mill can be pretty scary when you're starting out but once you know how to use them safely they're not too bad.

Most of the lathes we had were older, some from the 50s so all the dials were in 0.001" and the lead screws were for imperial. The mills were like that too but they were equipped with digital readouts (DROs) that left you choose between inch and mm.
Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: How many of us are curently students « Reply #10 on: September 25, 2023, 09:52:18 AM » Author: Molly
Yep. I am a 3rd-year college student studying sciences. I graduate in Spring of 2024 with an associate's degree in that major. After that, it is most likely that I will go get my Fishery and Wildlife degree in a four-year program.

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

CoolBeans

View Posts
View Gallery

UCgS0pNTqygf9BJruCGNd_yA
Re: How many of us are curently students « Reply #11 on: October 02, 2023, 12:08:30 PM » Author: CoolBeans
Most of the lathes we had were older, some from the 50s so all the dials were in 0.001" and the lead screws were for imperial. The mills were like that too but they were equipped with digital readouts (DROs) that left you choose between inch and mm.
Same with my school. The entry level machining classes are all .001" with analog micrometers only, but more advanced classes and the CNC shop are full metric. We have a few old lathes/mills/grinders dating back to the 1950s and others 1990s and 2000s. everything has a DRO That makes it apparent how much slop The dials have and how worn the ways are.

I graduate in Spring of 2024 with an associate's degree in that major. After that, it is most likely that I will go get my Fishery and Wildlife degree in a four-year program.
What would you like to do with your degree after Graduation?
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies