Author Topic: Any other watthour meter enthusiasts here?  (Read 1757 times)
LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: Any other watthour meter enthusiasts here? « Reply #15 on: September 22, 2023, 02:53:06 PM » Author: LightsAreBright27
I have seen some watt meters, analogue and digital, turned into working decor pieces. I have seen them get turned into stopwatches, clocks etc, all battery powered. I guess these meters can be turned into any counting related device.

Holder of the rare and sacred :sfl: F10T12/BL :sfl: lamps here!
Also known as LAB27 for short.
245v 50Hz

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: Any other watthour meter enthusiasts here? « Reply #16 on: September 22, 2023, 06:33:26 PM » Author: HIDLad001
Yeah, all you have to do is attach a servo that is controlled by something like an Arduino to the input gear of the register and you can get the register to display any value you want with the correct amount of programming!
I am not one for modifying vintage equipment from it's original state though.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it
HID Fixtures should stay HID, but I think LED is fine too.
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
-Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022-

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Any other watthour meter enthusiasts here? « Reply #17 on: September 28, 2023, 11:35:18 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Here's a photo of mine : https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=12766&pos=0&pid=235431

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Richmond2000

View Posts
View Gallery

120V 60HZ

Re: Any other watthour meter enthusiasts here? « Reply #18 on: September 30, 2023, 05:17:09 AM » Author: Richmond2000
Nice meter, I don't really collect them but I do have this modern Invensys VCON-II watt-hour meter in my stuff.

I don't plane to have a full collection of them but I do want to track down an older meter with the spinning disk. Preferably a Westinghouse Canada one as that's what my house had before they switch to smart meters.
I have one of them Westies
a storm knocked a tree over and as the tree fell it landed on the power lines ripping the mast and the south wall off my house the emergency electricians came and removed the meter and put it SOMEWHERE SAFE
the insurance paid maintenance people AND HYDRO could NOT find the OLD meter after a day looking for it installed a NEW one
I found the old meter 2 months later in the LIVE WELL on my fishing boat that was in my yard when the incident happened and the emergency electrician I guess found the ONLY place safe
now it sits on a shelf in my house
I have thought about making a desk lamp OR something out of it but have not done anything with it
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies