Author Topic: LG camera phone + tri-phosphor cool white = yellow!  (Read 1547 times)
Luminaire

View Posts
View Gallery

LG camera phone + tri-phosphor cool white = yellow! « on: June 05, 2010, 08:15:54 AM » Author: Luminaire
With the white balance set to daylight, tri-phosphor cool white lamps cause the entire image to have a bright yellow cast. It doesn't happen with normal cool white lamp though.

My normal digital camera doesn't see the difference between old cool white and 741/841s. 

Can anyone else duplicate it??
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: LG camera phone + tri-phosphor cool white = yellow! « Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 02:17:25 PM » Author: dor123
This phenomenon usually accurs in halophosphor fluorescent lamps operated on mains friquency. If the camera captures the image when the fluorescent lamp is in the zero current mode of the mains frequency and the shutter speed it high enough, all that you will get is the afterglow of the halophosphors which is yellow.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Luminaire

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LG camera phone + tri-phosphor cool white = yellow! « Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 04:03:49 PM » Author: Luminaire
This phenomenon usually accurs in halophosphor fluorescent lamps operated on mains friquency. If the camera captures the image when the fluorescent lamp is in the zero current mode of the mains frequency and the shutter speed it high enough, all that you will get is the afterglow of the halophosphors which is yellow.

You read my message backward.  It turns yellow with triphosphor.

Neither sources were powered by line frequency. They were both powered by electronic ballast. 
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies